I have used the HC for the last ten years, including short stays and monthly rentals. If you like cookie-cutter air-con box hotels this isn't the place for you. Things I like- that the reception people take time to chat to you and are helpful (one member of staff once even helped me with locating a good deal on a second hand bicycle); that the rooms have a nice feel to them; that you can see the beach and ocean from the courtyard; that you can hear the ocean at night; that you can (obviously) walk down to the beach in literally 2 minutes; that it is an easy walk to the pier and Santa Monica town center and also along the beach to Venice. Santa Monica shopping centre has acquired a bit of a fashionista feel to it in recent years but with the beach, good bus services and good places for breakfast its still a good spot in LA. As a package, the HC is good value for money. I keep coming back- as the song goes- you can check out but you can never leave. I could go on!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located steps from the beach and from the famous Santa Monica Pier, this world-famous hotel offers complimentary coffee, tea, fruit, WiFi, laundry room, as well as a private beach pathway! Experience the laid back California lifestyle as it should be. Moments from the shopping and dining, Third Street Promenade, Venice and Muscle Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your The Hotel California reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- California Hotel Santa Monica
- Hotel California Santa Monica
- California Santa Monica