This hotel does not appear nice at all when you pull up, small tight lot with NO parking. If you come into the gate and see the rooms, looks like a cute courtyard with tables, chairs and stairs leading to the beach. Don't worry when you see there is no parking in front, you can unload and park for the same rate at Lowes next door. Very friendly and accomodating staff. I stayed at the high end JW Marriott a few hotels down and have to say if you are looking for beach access, you can stay here for a very reasonable price by comparison. My room was clean and you have a refrigerator and desk. It's just a room, nothing impressive about it, but great location. I met some people that had the larger room which is set up more like a suite and some even have a kitchen. Mine was two double beds, a desk and small bathroom. Breakfast was less than desirable from what I am used to, only coffee, danish and juice, apples. Maybe that is enough for some people!I would bring your own food or eat out. We ate dinner at the Ivy on the Shore within walking and it was the best meal, very expensive. If you have kids, you are right near the pier and beach. I will come back with my children next time. We were able to hang out at the Lowes hotel and swim, eat and enjoy the firepits on the balcony.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Classic, Oceanfront Santa Monica Hotel (formerly Hotel California) Unwind at this laid-back, oceanfront hideaway along the Pacific. Bask in the sun and carefree lifestyle of Southern California and stay a while at the Sea Blue Hotel. With a prime beachfront address, our tranquil, seaside refuge welcomes you to the heart of Santa Monica. Relax in our private courtyard with beach access, so you can dip your toes in the sand any time. Stay within walking distance of the Santa Monica Pier and the iconic Pacific Park Ferris wheel, and close to the local shops and galleries that line the Third Street Promenade. Just minutes from LAX, Venice Beach, and Malibu, our modern, surf-inspired accommodations with free Wi-Fi will leave you rested and relaxed, so you can head out to catch some waves and explore the best parts of coastal Southern California. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sea Blue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- California Hotel Santa Monica
- Hotel California Santa Monica
- California Santa Monica