I read good & bad reviews but still booked. Unfortunately, if you prepare yourself for no designated parking spots, or patchy wifi, and don't come with the expectation of a full continental breakfast, you'll overlook these things & just enjoy the quaint surfie decor that makes it special, and that unbeatable location for its price. You can't be that close to the beach in a unique boutique hotel and pay less than $200. I booked it cos it was different to the run of the mill hotels.
Only stayed there for 2 days so willing to overlook the above, which I knew about from reviews. The staff will try to help you get a spot. They let me park in disabled for the night as there were no disabled guests. One night staff also went to lengths to get me some padding & bags for my precious purchase for the plane.
One reviewer said she had access to the beach but couldn't get back to the hotel cos the gate was locked (same access as some private residences), just stick your hand it & open from the inside. Instant 2-way beach access! Don't tell everyone or they'll change the door!
IF HOTEL CA ARE READING... JUST DO SOME LITTLE IMPROVEMENTS & YOU'RE HOTEL WILL BE THE COOLEST IN TOWN.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located steps from the beach and from the famous Santa Monica Pier, this world-famous hotel offers complimentary coffee, tea, fruit, WiFi, laundry room, as well as a private beach pathway! Experience the laid back California lifestyle as it should be. Moments from the shopping and dining, Third Street Promenade, Venice and Muscle Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelClick and Priceline so you can book your The Hotel California reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- California Hotel Santa Monica
- Hotel California Santa Monica
- California Santa Monica