Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
lisalinde3

disappointing

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 21, 2019
Location was good, but its not right on the beach as it appears online. 10 minute walk to the beach. The room was much smaller than stated and furnishings were very old and tired. I expected a Fairmont to have a more luxurious feel and it felt like a low end hotel.
$422
Free Wifi
Beachfront
View more hotels in Santa Monica
4,016 results
All reviews fig restaurant fig tree ocean tower bungalow bar exhale spa lobby lounge street promenade concierge desk beautiful property the santa monica pier love this hotel los angeles antoine palisades valet wilshire malibu
Selected filters
Reviewed July 17, 2019 via mobile

Would have rated this hotel lower were it not for the fact that we were upgraded to a bungalow following our shock at the ‘Deluxe Ocean View’ room that we had initially booked. The rooms in the tower are nothing better than a motel, or Spanish holiday resort hotel (think Benidorm). The initial 9th floor ‘Premium room’ upgrade that we were given nearly had me in tears - wallpaper peeling from the walls, scratched and scuffed furniture, hardly enough room to swing a rat....we asked for our initial booking, which would have been on a ‘renovated’ floor (apparently 9th and 10th have not been renovated, so don’t fall for the so called upgrade) and apart from some slightly better furniture this was no different. Clearly showing my despair, at this point the staff promised a visit from the manager but he never arrived, so we sought him out and to be fair after hearing my feedback, he upgraded us to a bungalow free of charge, which was nice but I dread to think how much it would have cost and was it worth it... maybe not. There was a constant smell of drains in the bathroom and slight smell of damp in the room, but after the check in experience, we didn’t dare complain again. Another thing... if you have a car, be prepared to pay $85 per night on top of your booking costs. $50 for valet parking, $5 valet parking tax and $30 ‘resort fee’. We were there four nights and had a bill of $340! The hotel is trading on the Fairmont name and in my opinion, is in dire need of a proper make over. The Fig restaurant is the best part of the hotel - great service and the breakfasts are really good (and reasonable prices too!). Would I stay here again? No. Would I stay in a Fairmont again? Only Jasper Park in Canada again (for the setting) or maybe Lake Louise, but other than that, also no.

Reviewed July 17, 2019

Love this hotel, great views, smooth atmosphere. Friendly staff. Rooms are nicely designed and spacious. Delicious food at the restaurant. Nice and relaxing music. Great aroma!
A+++ all the way! Highly recommended!

Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
katylee16989, Manager at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2019

Dear yanmilner,

Reviewed July 16, 2019

Thank you to two very incredible employees: Riley, Beach Attendant, who helped us everyday of our stay and Devon who drove us to the beach several times--they made our stay so much fun.
Dorothy from reservations was also amazing!
We can't wait to go back!

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear kiminsantafe,

Reviewed July 15, 2019

We wanted to stay in a nice place in Santa Monica and the Fairmont delivered. The staff is so accomodating & professional. The grounds are beautiful and relaxing & we especially loved the indoor/outdoor gym!

Reviewed July 15, 2019 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for a long weekend at the end of June. First I will say I LOVE the Fairmont dog policy!! While we don’t have a dog my daughters really enjoy seeing all the dogs around the property and getting to pet them. You can not beat the location of this hotel. It’s located across the street from the ocean, close to the pier and downtown. Everything is within walking distance from this hotel. We took advantage of the bikes available to use and liked the added bonus of the hotel car when we needed a ride to Venice Beach. We stayed in an ocean front suite. I was disappointed there wasn’t a balcony or large windows to really enjoy the view. The bathroom was extremely tiny which was difficult for my family of 4. The room itself was nicely appointed and my kids LOVED the record player (they had never used one before)! What a fun bonus for them! I used the gym every day and enjoyed the view and workout area. The biggest con I have for this property is the pool. It’s old, tired and in a very small tight area. The food itself was decent but I was surprised there wasn’t a more health conscious menu (like Fairmont Princess). Pool service was average at best and we had a situation come up with service that was handled poorly. We were happy to see the Vilebrequin store on property to pick up some swimwear (first Vilebrequin store I have seen). Lastly the tree in the front of the hotel was gorgeous!! Overall our stay was good and if we came back to Santa Monica we would stay there again.

2  Thank kristenk696