2,672 results
All reviews fig restaurant fig tree ocean tower bungalow bar lobby lounge street promenade beautiful property concierge desk car service venice beach turn down service beverly hills hotel in santa monica valet staff los angeles ocean front valet parking
Reviewed April 16, 2017

We just ended our 2nd visit at the Fairmont Miramar and where do I begin? THE STAFF! From the moment you roll into the Fig-Tree circular driveway to the moment you check out, everyone is on point. Thank you Allyson (Gen Manager) and every single bell-valet-wait staff-EVERY support staff you employee is WONDERFUL! Moms... you can sit back because everything is taken care of. Luggage? Magically appears in the room. Check in? Seamless and they even offer little stuffed animals for the kids and I won't spoil any other surprises. Fig Restaurant? EXCELLENT food and drinks. We actually chose to pass on a few rec's from the area friends had given us to eat at the hotel. I cannot say enough about the view, the comfort of the beds, the personal touches to celebrate our daughters birthday. Everything was over the top memorable and with all the good feels of an historic landmark hotel. We will DEFINITELY be returning!

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Allyson H, Front Office Manager at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2017

MesaMomSB,

We are appreciative of your loyalty with us. This is exactly what we strive for at The Miramar, to make sure our guests feel taken care of and as if they have no worries while they are here. We cannot wait for your return! We hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday celebration.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

We've just returned from our stay at the Fairmont Miramar, and I cannot tell you how much we enjoyed our stay!

What stood out for me was the service -- every person who works at this hotel from the valet to the front desk, housekeeping to the restaurant was absolutely delightful, and more than happy help us in any way. A special thank you to Daniela at the concierge desk for helping us in choosing wonderful restaurants, and a lovely less crowded Malibu beach to visit during our stay. Daniela texted us throughout our stay to make sure we were pleased and to ask if we needed anything. She really went above and beyond for us.

In terms of location-- it really doesn't get better than this! They are in walking distance from some wonderful shops, the pier, the beach and all the beauty of Santa Monica.

One thing to watch is the street noise-- our first night in the hotel was a Saturday night- and we (and our two kids) were awakened by some middle of the night drunken screams from the street (they have a very popular cocktail bar). When the hotel texted me the next day to ask about our stay, I let them know about the noise. Within an hour, we were moved (luggage and all) to a room on the other side of the hotel, overlooking the pool and the ocean. I cannot tell you how much we appreciated that, Allyson and Doug! They made us feel like family- and took care of everything for us to ensure that moving rooms with two kids would not be an ordeal.

Fig was great for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Cherish made our first lunch at the hotel so memorable-- she was seriously a gem, making sure our every need was attended to. She recommended a delicious rosé that was crispy, cold and delicious. It was a bit chilly in the shade, and Cherish offered us some blankets to wrap around our shoulders. At dinner, be sure to try the Indian brick oven bread at Fig-- it's to die for.

We look forward to returning to this lovely hotel and we've already recommended that our friends and family stay here when visiting Santa Monica.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family

Julie C,

I am so very happy you were able to enjoy the remainder of your stay with us and thank you for your detailed review. I assure you, these comments will be shared with our staff. We cannot wait to welcome you and your family back onto our property. Thank you again and welcome to The Miramar Family!

Best,

Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

Upon arrival some miscommunication with respect to reservation. Hotel management picked this up and corrected in a professional and inspiring way.
Beautiful location, fantastic staff, rooms with all the comfort. Location is just perfect!!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business

Robert H,

We cannot thank you enough for taking time to write about your experience with us. We are so happy to hear we were able to fix the miscommunication on your reservation quickly. We hope you consider us again in the future!

Thanks again,

Reviewed April 15, 2017

I am a Fairmont Presidents Club member and have stayed at Fairmonts all over the world. Do yourself a favour and give this one a pass. Not of Fairmont quality. They screwed up our room upgrade. The pool is tiny - not enough chairs for the size of the hotel. The hotel becomes a club on weekends with the Bungalow Bar - tons of young drunk guys patrolling the lobby. Poor service. Overall, maybe the worst Fairmont i have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dmacdonald07

dmacdonald07,

We appreciate your loyalty to the Fairmont brand and apologize for not accommodating your requests. If you would like to reach out to me at allyson.humphrey@fairmont.com, I would love to hear more about your stay.

Reviewed April 14, 2017

My stay at the Fairmont Miramar was fantastic! What stuck me most was the friendly attitude and support i received from the staff. The room is amenities and offerings were luxurious. The Grand Lobby makes constantly reminds you that you are in the lap of luxury. Big thumbs up to the Molton Brown hand soap and lotion in the lobby bathroom. Smells soo good!

Room Tip: Stay in rooms over looking the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends

anushka m,

Wow! I cannot thank you enough for such a great review and 5 stars. The kind words of our staff will absolutely be shared. From your comments, I see you stayed in our bungalows which are one of my favorite rooms in the hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed them as much as we do. Thank you again!

Warm Wishes,