“Fabulous hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Santa Monica
Santa Barbara, California
“Fabulous hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

What an AMAZING experience! We were greeted by a fabulous staff with huge warm smiles at the valet and everyone was so helpful in showing us where to go. The check in counter was so sweet and provided my 2 small children with adorable stuffed animals. We then were led to the gorgeous room to find that the hotel had personalized the room for my kids! They had cut out sponge letters with their names (which my kids promptly took into the bathtub), warm fuzzy kid size robes, and sand pails with gummies! The service was always super friendly and superb. Anything you need - done! The suite was really spacious and nicely laid out. The toiletries smelled amazing and helped me feel pampered on my vacation! 5 stars all around, I'm definitely coming back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Carrie A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel is a wondrous little place with many wonderful amenities. The breakfast served on the patio (or indoors of you prefer) was delicious. Order a full breakfast and you can skip lunch or order off there ala carte menu for a simple yet delicious meal. The service is fantastic. The setting luxurious and the staff more than helpful. Our brief three day visit was perfect!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for an ocean view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Gold Coast, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Our first trip to Santa Monica and the Fairmont Miramar Hotel for our family. We initially booked a room in the Paradise suits but chose to upgrade to two separate rooms as there was only one bathroom in the suits which was not our preference. The Hotel Manager went out of his way to change our reservation to two rooms in the new part of the Hotel which was great. The Hotel is perfectly situated in Santa Monica, the service we experienced was very good. The food in the Fig restaurant was great and we really enjoyed the pool area and also the gym. We spent four nights relaxing at the end of a very busy trip of America and we would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to relax and unwind.

Room Tip: better views from the new part of the hotel - the suits are in the old part and we found the view re...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Brent H
Oro Valley, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I just made another trip to this hotel for business. It is in a great location and the rooms are very nice. The problem was that I decided to upgrade to a nicer room 2 months ago. When I went to check in they did not have my room as they were oversold. I was given a standard room but they charged me the upgraded rate. The gal at the front desk said they had no documents showing that I had upgraded. I quickly showed them to her. She then said my rate was still less than the "rack" rate. I told her we had a corporate contract. She said it would take some time to sort out. When I came back 5 hours later nothing had been done. I NEVER got even an I am sorry for not having the correct room and for some reason they did not believe they needed to change my rate to a standard rate. Next time I will stay at the Loews at any cost!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank I_love_seafood_13
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This hotel was a big splurge for my boyfriend and I on our trip to LA. We were staying with friends all other nights, and wanted one special night. It really lived up to it's expectations. It was by far the highlight of our trip. We were even in sunny LA, and just wanted to hang out in robes in the hotel room. The staff was amazing, and really made us feel welcome. The mini bar wasn't even that expensive! Drinks at the pool were pricey, but we were coming from NYC, so not too phased by it. The proximity to the beach also makes this property invaluable. All rooms have ocean views!!!! You can't go wrong with this hotel.

Room Tip: All have ocean views!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel- it is a perfect blend of old and new Los Angeles, and has such beautiful views. The Fig restaurant is great for all meals; both the gym and the nearby spa are lovely . Location-wise, it can't be beat for exploring Santa Monica and beyond-we especially love renting bikes to ride along the beach trail. The only problem with this hotel(and it is a huge problem) is the noise from the 'Bungalow' nightclub on the premises . Make sure to get a room on the north side of the property and you will miss the noise completely!! Otherwise, highly recommend

• Stayed November 2013
      Location
2 Thank Colleen C
Banff, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at tower and had nice suite. Any Service we have received was amazing. It was a really good choice. Food at Fig Restaurant was to die for. I loved breakfasts there. The best grapefruit juice I have ever tasted in my life:) Really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed April 2014