“Management made it "right"” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows

Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Los Angeles, California
“Management made it "right"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Went for an LA "stay-cation" to the Fairmont. Asked if there was any construction at the hotel, because the week before they were jackhammering the main entrance driveway. They said no. We booked our room.
Upon arrival, we asked if there were any upgrades available (amex) they said no. Then I confirmed with the Desk person per ouor reservation that there be NO FEATHER pillows /comforter due to allergies. She confirmed.
we then sat and watched the stanely cup in the lobby bar which was fun. Wait staff very friendly.
We went to the room late, and of course......all feather bedding. Took 1/2 hour to get THAT taken care of, when we were ready to crash. that is so annoying.
next morning.......up early due to....you guessed it.....CONSTRUCTION.
So i called the manager and explained the two issues......
He apologized for "getting this so wrong"...and moved us to an upgraded suite in a different tower.(which wasn't avail on check in??) also sent a bottle of wine apologizing.
So we "lost" one night really.......but at least he did try to appease us.

Nice hotel. check before you book about their renovation construction noise.

great location. decent price.

Room Tip: check on their renovation noise
1 Thank booyaboy
CarlySkinner, Director of Rooms at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear booyaboy –

Sorry to hear you were bounced around a bit upon check-in, but I’m so pleased to hear our FD team was able to ultimately take care of you. Our Ocean Tower renovations will officially be complete mid-July, however, we are constantly updating and improving our property, so I encourage you or anyone on Trip Advisor to reach out to me directly to ensure you are in your desired room. My email is carly.skinner@fairmont.com...please be sure to let me know when you are coming for your next “staycation” so I can also ensure the correct bedding!!

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Needed to stay on night in the LA area and decided to stay at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel in Santa Monica after I read some reviews. The hotel is in a great location, close to the ocean and walkable distance to many shops and restaurants.
The checking was a little slow.
The room was comfortable & had 2 double beds - which was perfect as I was traveling with my 16 years old daughter.
We had a view on the street and the room was particularly noisy. We woke up ~ 7:00 AM by several trucks backing up & beeping even though we were on the 6th floor. We also heard many construction noises...
We pre-ordered breakfast in the evening and some items were missing when it was delivered in the morning.
Anyway, I was expecting better for pricey night in a well known hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Flo S
Dear Flo S –

I’m sorry to hear you were so disappointed with us…I would also love to hear a little more about your stay to understand why service was lacking considerably. Currently, construction is not taking place near any of our street-facing rooms, so I’m curious as to what you may have heard! My email is carly.skinner@fairmont.com...please feel free to reach out to me at any time!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Fairmont Miramar has been my "go to" hotel in Santa Monica for over a decade both for business and pleasure. Whether staying in the hotel or the bungalows, it's always been an excellent experience. Customer service is second to none.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies overlooking PCH are always enjoyable.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear 4545bboop –

We love being your “go-to” hotel, thank you so much for the five star review! Fellow travelers will appreciate your tip for the balcony rooms I’m sure…for all those reading, those are our newly renovated Deluxe and Premier Ocean View rooms in our Ocean Tower. I agree – those views are not to be missed! See you next time!

Vegas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

Always stay at the Fairmont when in Santa Monica. Close to everything and the staff and atmosphere are unbelievable!
The bar restaurant food and cocktails are great. The waterfall and fire pit tables make it so comfy. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Diamond1112
Dear Diamond1112 –

Thank you for the “awesome” review!! We do our best to create an unforgettable Santa Monica experience for our guests, so its nice to hear when we get it right. Hope to see you again soon!

Richmond, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

I travel to Los Angeles fairly frequently, and have for about 20 years now, and I have to say Fairmont has become my go-to in Santa Monica. I enjoy Shutters, Oceana, Casa Del Mar, The Viceroy, but for me Fairmont beats them. The location for one, is perfect. You're on Ocean, you can walk to a dozen great restaurants (SUGARFISH) and you're close to Whole Foods and the Promenade. Second, the staff is great. I don't go that often but the waiters still remember me which is incredible. Third, the rooms are cozy. Not huge, but in the main tower you always have a view of the ocean and I love having a Nespresso machine in my room. The gym and pool are very nice. The restaurant in the hotel is great. And after a hard day at work, pulling into the valet under that giant iconic tree always makes me smile. The only thing bad is the new (to me) nightclub. It can get pretty loud, so ask to be on the pool side and you'll be fine. And that said, the club is quite nice to hang out in, feels like a nice beach house on the inside.

Room Tip: Get a pool side (South side) room on a high floor in the tower.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear imike808 –

Thank you so much for the five stars! That means a lot coming from such a loyal guest who clearly knows other hotels in the neighborhood. You hit on many of the points which make our property so special, and thank you for appreciating what a great spot Bungalow is even though it may not be your favorite! Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Excellent Fairmont Property with excellent staff. Fitness center is outstanding with unique indoor/outdoor set-up. Small property with rooms right outside of lobby lounge makes for party type atmosphere. Great Location. Bungkaows are fun and unique hotel experience.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

CarlySkinner, Director of Rooms at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear Brice K –

Thank you so much for your review! It is true our property is definitely a vibrant one, but our team takes great care to ensure our guests are not disturbed. I’m assuming by the five stars you gave us that you were not! And thank you for making mention of our fitness center! We underwent a complete renovation less than a year ago which included all brand-new equipment of which we are very proud. Hope to welcome you back soon!

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The location is fantastic, with gorgeous views of the Pacific Ocean and the Santa Monica Pier. Our room had a full ocean view and a balcony, and I would've been content to never leave, although we had lots of fun plans about town. There is also a variety of great spots to eat nearby. The staff were friendly, warm, courteous and extremely helpful. They made us feel welcomed and taken care of throughout our visit.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Dear Jean B –

We thoroughly enjoyed having you as much as you enjoyed staying with us! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Almost all the rooms in our newly renovated Ocean Tower have private balconies and the most exquisite views of the coast, so I’m so happy you were able to experience that. Standing outside taking it all in makes you realize just how special a place Santa Monica truly is. Hope to see you the next time you’re on the West Coast!