“One of the best”

Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
New York City, New York
“One of the best”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Wonderful facilities, service and food. The food is a little over priced, but that, this is a prime Santa. Monica location. Great gym, beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean, what else is there? Aaah - the weather!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank NYCViking

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dorado, Puerto Rico
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Perfect location, right across the street from the beach. Only better location would be shutters or casa del mar. Room views were great. Would have gotten 5 stars except it is a bit dated and the club in the front is a little ramshackle

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hausenpepper
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I love this hotel for many of its nice touches--great views, nespresso maker in room, super comfortable bed, cool bungalow bar--but I return for the great service. The people who work here are sincere, helpful and nice. From the check-in desk crew to Crystal, who helped me retrieve a lost hotel bill, I always look forward to returning here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Booked 2 queen for business trip. Front desk tried to put us in king. Finally after 30 minutes, she acted like she did me a favor and found a dbl queen. Room was small and the bathroom doors were French doors!!!!! So basically you could see in and hear someone using the bathroom!!! Room was small compared to other hotels. Hallways were dark and dreary. Update your hotel!!!! Won't stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Jjolly76
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Santa Monica offers a multitude of hotel options, even when traveling with a dog.

On my return back to my hometown after over one year since moving away, I wanted to stay at a luxurious hotel that would welcome my dog with a view of the Santa Monica Bay. Surprisingly, this still left me with a number of hotel options!

After reading many reviews on Travelocity, I chose to stay at The Fairmont Miramar. I could not be happier with that decision.

SHOUTOUTS: The greeting given to my dog by Danielle at check-in, the beautiful suite I was booked in to by Carly (an available complimentary upgrade due to my reserving through AmEx's Fine Hotels & Resorts), delicious breakfasts at Fig, a wonderful conversation with the very helpful Christina, head of housekeeping, who gave me room advice for future visits, miles of places with amazing views to walk my dog both on the grounds and across the street in Palisades Park, proximity to restaurants and shopping (again, on the grounds and across the street), friendly valet service (though at $40/night it should be), great room layout (working desk, coffee bar with sink and honor bar offerings below, HUGE walk-in closet with oversized safe, friendly, FAST and tasty room service, and a bed so comfortable I never wanted to get out of it each morning.

Basically I had a perfect stay at this beautiful property. Did I mention the ocean view from my suite's bedroom window

I was busy visiting with friends & family (I had eight people stop by over the course of the weekend, and all of them pulled through valet and were allowed to either complimentary valet park if coming in to have a meal with me at Fig, or wait in their cars near the entrance while I came down to meet them to go elsewhere) - so I didn't avail myself of Exhale's classes or spa services. Next trip!

Your mileage may vary based on room class, time of year/business of hotel, and your expectations. The Fairmont Miramar is not the most luxurious or exclusive choice in town, nor is it the most economical choice. However, for my very picky, very spoiled self it was the perfect choice, and I will try to stay at The Fairmont Miramar on all my future visits back to the West Coast.

I cannot imagine finding a more welcoming staff or a more beautifully situated location.

**If I had to nitpick about something it would be the relatively small bathroom with very little counter space and a much-too-old combined shower and tub (for this price I would expect a separate shower and tub). The lighting was pretty good (for applying make up), and its size certainly would not keep me from staying here again solo. Traveling with my husband, though, I would probably ask for a different room with larger bathroom.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the North Side of the property or the noise from The Bungalow nightclub could be t...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Malibama
Grand Island, New York
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed here with a buddy on a recent trip to LA and loved it! LA is so spread out it is hard to pick a location to stay... Our first night we stayed downtown next to the Staples Center and then our second night at the bungalows. Anywhere you go is a 20 min ride, so we preferred the bungalows because it was right on the beach and Santa Monica is Beautiful!

Rooms were great (see below)

Service was awesome! Very professional staff

Room Service was on point.

I would highly recommend going to the Bungalows Lounge located in front of the hotel! It is a very nice place to grab a drink and enjoy some of the best nightlife LA has to offer!

When I return to LA I am definitely going to be staying in Santa Monica again and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone! Family, Couples, or like me Two bros just enjoying the city!

Room Tip: We had a non ocean front room in the older of the two towers and still loved it! Room was very spaci...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a wonderful, romantic getaway. Travel a ton for work and have high expectations. Checked in late per arrival times from NYC area. Was "upgraded" to bungalow. Lovely BUT not the ocean view booked. Quick visit to front desk and assured all would be corrected next morning - and it was! Spectacular room in line with expectations. Concierge (hidden resource of any hotel!!) staff amazing - dealt with four and all were fantastic. Figs restaurant - service, food, setting.... Wonderful!!! A great stay. Highly recommend! Hotel manager is incredibly attentive.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KPG33
CarlySkinner, Director of Rooms at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear KPG33 –

Thank you so much for your review! Sorry we didn’t get the upgrade right with you…I completely understand how you would prefer the view over the bungalow. Luckily we have a little something for everyone’s tastes!

Agreed that the Concierge and team and FIG are wonderful and it is so rewarding to have that recognized by guests such as yourself. And yes, our Hotel Manager is equally as wonderful, and I’m not just saying that because he’s my boss : ) I’m so glad you saw the best of the best shine during your stay.

Please let me know when you are planning your next visit and I will personally ensure you get the best view available!

Carly Skinner