“From the moment we checked in.....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows

Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Auckland, New Zealand
“From the moment we checked in.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

we received absolutely outstanding rooms and service. Started with the Ocean view Deluxe King (room 840) and was everything you could ask for. Great view, reasonable balcony and quiet.
We downgraded to a Deluxe King on the 3rd floor to save a little bit, and only missed the bed on the 8th. The pool view was great too and no noise to speak of.
One unexpected exception to the great level of service was the Concierge desk, they blitzed everyone with their unique style & level of service; their friendly nothing was too difficult attitude was superlative and Amber surpassed all other experiences I have had in any hotel, a notch above with her extra effort and an absolute professional at all times. We missed her on the rest of our trip around Vegas, Downtown LA and San Diego.
Car rentals were made so easy, delivered in 45 minutes and got an upgrade, hotel bicycles for free made for a great ride to Venice Beach, the Bungalow bar is fantastic and removed slightly from the hotel making you feel like you have actually gone out.
The only thing that I found a little unusual were the slats on the bathroom doors, a little different but quickly got over it and any other little things that always happen were quickly dealt with and completely forgotten due to the service levels from everyone.
Superb location, will stay again for sure.

Room Tip: Ocean view and pool view were both quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Our stay here was excellent. Like a lot of Fairmonts, the rooms are not the most modern, but I think that is part of the charm. Still, the rooms had flat screens, new bathroom fixtures, and all the expected amenities - iron, coffee maker, wet bar etc. They were also very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable.

The service was also amazing. As we were only staying for 2 days, I only had a small suitcase on wheels which I had no problem taking to the room myself. As soon as I approached the 2 small steps in the lobby on the way to our room, a staff member appeared and offered to take my bag to assist me. This is just one example of the superior service we experienced.

The hotel also has complementary car service within 3 miles of the hotel which was available any time we requested it.

The location is extraordinary - next to the beach and a 2 minute walk to the. 3rd Street Promenade.

I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

I spent a couple of nights here recently for part of my visit to LA with a few friends. Beautiful hotel and very quiet, definitely very "west coast" and had a very relaxed feel. The hotel is just steps from the beach and also steps from the shopping promenade, very convenient location.

Room was a decent size and well appointed. Typical "Fairmont" style and standard. I don't stay with Fairmonts as often as I used to as I've gravitated more towards the Ritz-Carlton, Peninsula and Four Seasons, but having stayed here that may change again. The service, as typical "Fairmont" again, was excellent.

Overall I would definitely return, primarily for the location and highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

My travel agent recommended staying here so we did. From the second we got to the hotel we had problems. The girl at the front desk was very helpful and kindly gave us breakfast on the house. The food was cold and took forever to get but we did not complain because we were not paying. We then went through concierge to make dinner reservations and was given incorrect information about the menu. No biggie food was good anyway. When we returned to our room there was a bellboy packing up our stuff and moving us ....by mistake. Ok..accidents happen. The next day we waited 45 minutes for an omelet that was cold and wrong. At that point I asked to speak with the manager who was not available. They took my name and saidhe would call. No call. Same day we had no yowtowels or soap in our room and the maids never made up the roo away bed for my son to sleep on so he slept on the floor. Next day no towels again and no hot water to shower. Finally on my last night I received a letter from the customer service manager apologizing about all the problems we have had and that he hoped his note would make our last night at the hotel better. REALLY? I will never stay in this hotel again. I have never experienced anything quite like this.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank stacyw67
Brooklyn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

We booked connecting rooms and were upgraded within the tower. On a high floor overlooking the pool there are great rooms with views extending up the Malibu coast. Pool was quiet (although it was November). Downtown Santa Monica is easily walkable. Front desk staff were great and the valet parking was fast.

Room Tip: We heard that the south side of the tower is loud because of the proximity to the bungalow nightclub...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

The hotel is very well located for ocean, beach things and major shopping. its comfortable ambience, well run and maintained, and with a responsive classy staff. The front desk is very good, the concierge helpful and the breakfast is ample.

Room Tip: we were above the spa and fitness and far from the nightclu on premises. Convenient and you can use...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

My husband proposed to me here, so we thought it would be the perfect place to spend our first anniversary. We couldn't have been more right. We were blown away by the service this time around. The staff went above and beyond to make sure we felt like this was a really special occasion. Having stayed in five star hotels around the world (and having worked at the Four Seasons), I can say that the service here is among the best I've ever experienced. Special thanks to Candace, Brad, and Kyle for taking care of all of our requests -- and then some!

Room Tip: Grab a free bike from the valet staff and cruise down the beach trail. Book through Virtuoso to get...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CarlySkinner, Director of Rooms at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Just2CasualTravelers -

Thank you so much for your review and Happy Belated Anniversary!! One of my favorite parts about working here is learning why we occupy special spots in our guests hearts. We are home to weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, baby-moons, staycations, reunions – you name it! And the service is why guests keep coming back and continuing to celebrate, so thank you for highlighting our amazing team. We are champions at turning moments into memories,.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for your next special occasion!

Carly Skinner