“great trip!”

Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Sacramento, California
“great trip!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I just stayed there last night, and when I got home I realized I had left my very special stuffed animal there. I called right away and they had it waiting there for me and shipped it to my house. It was great!! An amazing trip too!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 2, 2013

A terrible welcome. We had two rooms booked and the bell boys asked if it was "ok to send them to one room and we could sort out" when checking in we were asked to wait, four staff stood there doing stuff. One room ready the other was not. No estimate given or facilities provided. 45 minutes after checkin bags still not in room. Chased 2 times.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank nickbelluk
CarlySkinner, Director of Rooms at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear nickbelluk –

My sincerest apologies for the welcome you received upon arrival (or lack thereof). We saw your review come in while you were still here, and attempted to reach out to you but were unsuccessful.

I encourage you to reach out to me directly at carly.skinner@fairmont.com so you can let me know how the rest of your stay went. “Rude and unhelpful” are not the adjectives usually used to describe our staff, so I would love the opportunity to speak further.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I cannot rave about this hotel enough! I came here for my 21st birthday with my parents and best friends and the hotel and overall experience was phenomenal! I have to give special mention to Amber on the concierge desk! Amber, you made our hollywood dreams come true! Thank you so much for going above and beyond for us!!!!!

I will definitely come back to the Fairmont again and again. Amazing hotel with ideal location to 3rd street and the pier as well as brilliant facilities in the hotel.

If you are staying in the hotel definitely eat at Fig it was delicious!

Room Tip: Our parents had a better view of beach, but we still had an okay view though.
Boston
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Worth the extra cost. Everything is first class. A great meal in Fig during happy hour was half off. Not often I get a bill that's less than the bottle of wine I ordered. I got to do my Whitey Bulger impression and walk along the beach. Didn't see the feds.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CarlySkinner, Director of Rooms at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear caliregit –

Thank you so much for the five star review! I wish I had the chance to meet you during your stay but unfortunately by the time I read this you had “Departed”.

See you next time?

Agoura, California
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Had a great girls' weekend at the Fairmont. Beautiful location and impressive indoor/outdoor gym. Also, the hotel staff made sure that I had an extra special birthday celebration. Emily Elizabeth at the front desk in particular went out of her way to make sure that as soon as I stepped in the front lobby, my birthday would start out right. Great stay!

Dear alexandra m –

Happy Belated Birthday!! I have to agree we are the perfect spot for a girls getaway weekend – there really is no need to leave! I’m impressed you made time to work out during your vacation and were able to check out our recently renovated fitness center…hopefully you were able to indulge a bit in our other outlets and reward yourself!

Thank you for the shout-out for Emily! She’s one of the best, and that’s why we keep her front and center at the Front Desk. That type of personalized service is what we are all about.

See you next time!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I joined my husband for his business conference that was hosted at this hotel. We arrived before check in and the woman at the front desk offered to keep our bags for us so we could walk to the pier until our room was ready. She actually even called us when the room was ready, which was great. The location is perfect. Right by the beach and shopping. The gym and spa facilities are awesome. I worked out every morning. They supply everything - even headphones (which was nice since I forgot mine). I also enjoyed a massage that was so relaxing and a really good experience. The hotel room was very clean and we had a great view from our 6th floor room. That is something that I would request - ask for a room on one of the higher floors. The room was a good size and was very clean. I would definitely stay here again if given the chance. It was a great hotel!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Cheryl S –

Sounds like you were able to turn your husband’s business trip into such a nice getaway! You experienced pretty much everything we have to offer, so thank you for the rave reviews across the board!

Please let me know the next time you and your husband are in town…I’ll make sure we block your room on the highest floor possible to ensure a fantastic view!

Ontario
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The location is wonderful, the staff outstanding, so why not a perfect review? The first reason was an inordinate delay in getting a room. Apparently the cleaning staff cannot cope when the hotel is really busy, so incoming guests get to hang around well after the 3pm advertised check in time. Not good enough for a hotel in this price category. Equally, accommodations which were appropriate when the hotel was built no longer meet current expectations.The bathrooms are tiny, so small that it is quite hard to even turn around. Beautifully maintained and full of excellent toiletries they are not appropriate for a hotel in this class. The rooms are very well maintained, but there is a lack of comfortable seating. The room shape, determined by the lovely balcony, leads to seating being a small uncomfortable bench seat (particularly if two people want to sit. This is an excellent hotel for the visitor to Santa Monica who will only spend one or two nig)hts in the hotel and who doesn't mind waiting around at check in for a room with certain shortcomings. For the longer term visitor who may want to use this hotel as a base there will be a balance to draw. It may be necessary to take a bungalow rather than a room or to look for a more modern hotel with a really comfortable room.

1 Thank oldozfan
Dear oldozfan –

Four out of five ain’t bad! Thank you for the almost-perfect review. We do face challenges when there is a tight turnaround in the hotel and rooms are sold out. I wouldn’t say that we can’t cope, but yes, it is challenging and we can occasionally fall short of expectations. I apologize that you had to wait past three for your room. I hope appropriate apologies were also extended by our team at the time and we made it up to you.

Regarding the room, it sounds like you were in one of our room categories which average 280 square feet. We have a wide variety of suites, bungalows, and more spacious rooms ranging upwards of 550 square feet that would most likely be more up your alley (lots of room for two or more to sit and relax!) Please feel free to reach out to me directly before your next stay and I will personally arrange one of these rooms for you. Hopefully you’ll see we don’t have as many cracks as you thought!