“Great Getaway in SoCal”

Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great rooms and incredible service! Take a bungalow room for a home style feel.

Fig is overrated...sit casually outside for breakfast and lunch. Even the indoor/outdoor bar is a better option.

Bike rental and shuttle tome beach included!

Room Tip: Bungalows in the back!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
CarlySkinner, Director of Rooms at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear gold4it –

Thank you for the five stars and for the shout out about our rooms and service! Sorry you weren’t thrilled with FIG…I’m sure however, that we can find something on the menu to blow you away. Please let me know the next time you would like to visit and I will make sure we send you some of the best treats from the kitchen! I’m sure we can prove to you that we are absolutely worth every bit of praise!!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was a little concerned having read some reviews on trip advisor. The hotel surpassed our expectations. Stayed in a one-bedroom suite with ocean view. The room was updated and bathroom is very clean. Location was very good close to restaurants in Santa Monica and the pier. Recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Gohabsgo1 –

Thank you so much for your review and for helping us disprove some of the false statements on Trip Advisor! Do we get everything right all of the time? Of course not…but sometimes reviewers do not give us the credit we deserve. We are also working tirelessly to renovate and update all of our rooms, and I’m so glad we got to your suite before you did!

Thank you again, and please feel free to reach out to me at any time before your next stay or to share further feedback!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here again this June. The entire property really is perfect. I have not seen such wonderful staff anywhere. Add to this the festive feel of the place, along with how beautiful and nice the grounds are, as well as location, and you have perfection. Also, Fig, the restaurant is great.

We will stay here again and again and again.

They do an amazing job.

Room Tip: Get a bungalow by the pool, with a patio. You will not be disappointed. Use the hotel car and the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jonathan278 –

To receive this review from someone who already lives in LA is such a compliment! For a stay-cation by the beach you clearly have lots of options, so thank you for choosing us again and again and again!!!

Please feel free to reach out to me directly before your next stay so we can ensure another perfect visit!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very nice hotel, very clean, service level is just amazing. very good restaurant Le Fig.
Stayed two nights and this is the perfect location, right on ocean avenue and only a couple of blocks away from the shopping promenade.
The concierge service was extremely helpfull. They even gave me a faster way to get to the airport and I saved at least 30 minutes.
Book with confidence.

Room Tip: you can ask for complementary mini frige that is helpfull when you have kids!

Dear Steve M –

Thank you so much for your review! I agree our hotel is pretty much “perfection” and you outlined just why perfectly. Our Concierge Team is on a winning streak with shout-outs and positive mentions…thank you for adding that and for giving them continued motivation to be and stay the best in the city!

Your confidence in us does not go unappreciated. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I went here with my husband for a weekend get away. The property is nice but, the staff seemed very junior and disjointed. Everyone was really polite at the valet, entry and front desk but, with any request, they all seemed to say we were on our own. Directions and everything else.

Our ocean view room was nice but not REALLY nice.

There is a bar called Bungalow that is right on the same property as the hotel. This is NOT a good thing. We asked if we could get in staying at the Fairmont and the manager said no we were on our own. (strange) Then, we see the place packed with very young people every night. The security people banged on the windows of our cab home to The Fairmont one night and were rude to us as we passed a second night- staying at a Fairmont!
These two places are just too different to coexist.

The food at Fig was excellent and the pool while really small, was very nice as well.
We also enjoyed the proximity to Ocean Avenue and the complimentary bikes.

Room Tip: Ocean view of course! Get one away from the Bungalow bar if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear justthefacts41 –

Thank you for your very candid feedback, despite how difficult it was to read. I will certainly address with my team the disconnect that occurred regarding entrance to Bungalow. While we cannot guarantee entry simply due to occupancy restrictions, we definitely give our guests preference and rarely deny access altogether. And absolutely no one should have touched your car, at least no one that works for us, so I will be sure to address that as well.

It sounds like there was plenty about our property that you did, in fact, enjoy, and I would love for you to reach out to me and discuss your stay further. You are absolutely correct in expecting a higher standard of service and I am sincerely sorry you did not receive it.

I hope to speak with you soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Fairmont Santa Monica is one of the most relaxing, peaceful, top notch properties. I know as I have traveled to many places around the globe. This particular weekend was for pleasure and honestly we had an extra hard time leaving this time around. From the bungalows to the beach club to FIG which once again had the most amazing food ever. Their menu has always been top notch and they also cater to those who have food sensitive needs which is a plus. We can't wait to go back... to the staff, thanks for making our stay so enjoyable!!

Room Tip: We love the bungalows or the ocean view tower rooms..

Dear Colleen B –

Thank you so much for such a fantastic review! FIG really is the most amazing restaurant and even though I work here I never tire of the menu (especially the chopped salad – I think I could eat that every day!)

We can’t wait to have you back either!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just returned from a whirlwind trip to show our kids (ages 13, 10, and 10) CA for the first time. Our first stop was the Fairmont in Santa Monica. We had a wonderful stay! Our flight to LA had us arriving at the hotel well before check in time. The reception desk offered to buy us lunch while we waited for our rooms to be ready. That was a first! The rooms are very well appointed, albeit a bit small, with nice views. The pool area is very pretty, but does get crowded quickly. The fitness center is terrific and I had a very nice massage at the spa. Everyone we encountered who worked at the hotel seemed to be really interested in being more than helpful and polite...it was some of the best service we have ever had without feeling stuffy and formal. The location is pretty good, but being up on the bluff does make it a bit of a trek to the pier or beach. The food we had each day at Fig for breakfast was fabulous. Overall, we really enjoyed our 3 days there.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank pmoed

Dear pmoed –

What a way to introduce your kids to Southern California! I’m a little jealous. Thank you so much for your kind words about our team. We truly believe that service does not have to be pretentious and over-the-top to be effective and hospitable and I am beyond happy that comes across to our guests. Sorry about your trek to the beach…next time call the Concierge and we will arrange our house Mercedes or BMW to take you down!

Hope to see you next summer on your family vacation!