“Upgrade in Santa Monica on a beautiful weekend”

Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We spent the weekend at this hotel for business/pleasure. The weather was fantastic, but even more so, the hotel upgraded us to a suite (we already had the ocean view for the original room). The staff were very friendly and polite. At one point, I thought I was talking to the Concierge about a place in Malibu. Turns out it was a lady from BMW who was sponsoring free test drives through the hotel, but very courteous nonetheless. She walked us to the Concierge who was very insightful on tralvel times and traffic patterns during the time of day we were planning on headiing out. The outdoor restaurant downstairs was wonderful and surrounding a pond with fish and turtles. Very peaceful and very serene. The beach is a bit of a walk, maybe quarter of a mile, and the hotel is on the top of the bluff, so there is a walk down an incline. The walk is brief, but when I first saw this hotel I thought it was actually on the beach. Overall, very nice stay though.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tx_jetsetters
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Sincere Regards,
Jackie Kerns, Assistant Public Relations Manager
jacqueline.kerns@fairmont.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,472)

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Our extended family and guests stayed at the hotel recently for four days for our son's wedding. There were lots of our son's friends staying at the hotel. The hotel was beautiful, the rooms and amenities top, but most importantly the staff was superb. I had shipped my bike there and they sent it to the room after locating the bike in the storage room. The view of the pacific was wonderful. The pool area and pool-side services were great.

Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Dear AdventureBiker21,
Thank you very much for your feedback and kind words regarding the hotel. We pride ourselves on delivering quality service to each guest and we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope that your travels bring you back to Fairmont Miramar in the future!
Sincere Regards,
Jackie Kerns, Assistant Public Relations Manager
jacqueline.kerns@fairmont.com

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Hi my friend and I did not stay at this hotel but stopped in for drinks on a Wednesday evening in the Lobby Lounge at the Fairmont Miramar, Santa Monica. The exotic outdoor garden by the water fountain was beautiful! The chill in the evening ocean air was warmed just right by the glowing fire from the garden heat lamps! The wait staff was friendly and the service prompt! But what added to the ambience and made this evening so special was the entertainment and charming, charismatic presence by a solo artist named Keith Chagall. His guitar playing and singing was delightful. His style was non intrusive respecting the guests space and the volume was perfect enabling us to continue to have a conversation! He came around to the area we were sitting serenading us with a big smile....but was by no means intrusive! We loved him so much, we engaged him in conversation and asked him if he knew certain songs, he played our requests and all three of us sang them. It was so much fun! We noticed through our engaging that other people joined in. There were a couple small children playing and dancing to his music and he went up to them and sang playfulyl just to them... they loved him and so did their parents. We found out that he plays there on a Saturday night with a coupe other musicians, and a great percussionist!! Love those Latin sounds... I think I see some dancing, singing and drinking in our future at the Lobby Lounge!!! We recommended the Fairmont Lounge and our new friend 'Keith' to some out of town friends looking for a nice place to hang out! I will definitely be back!!! Kathy

Room Tip: Hi my friend and I did not stay at this hotel but stopped in for drinks on a Wednesday evening in th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katherine M
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The hotel is above the bar in all aspects of service. My room was extremely comfortable. It was small but felt big. The maid service was great. Noise was never a problem. The lobby bar, pool deck and restaurant were fun places to relax, usually you want to get far away from the hotel but it was nice to be able to lounge at the hotel and enjoy it. FYI, the wireless internet was a constant annoyance considering I was on $17/day premium business option. It was constantly losing connection and interrupting my workflow. But all in all it was a good experience. Stay in the new building.

Room Tip: Stay in the new building.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kipp7272
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My family and I so enjoyed our short stay in Santa Monica. Our bungalow was comfortable with a lovely patio area. The hotels location was in walking distance of the beach and numerous fantastic restaurants.
I noticed that I had left my cell phone at the hotel after arriving at the airport. I called and was put in touch with Edgar-Director of Risk Management. He quickly called back assured me phone was located (in the pocket of a bathrobe)-and said he would overnight it. This morning at 8:30 a.m. I had my phone in Colorado. Would I stay at this hotel again, you bet!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My fiancee and I just spent 5 days at the Miramar, and had an absolutely wonderful trip. We were upgraded to a bungalow room upon check-in, and had a beautiful room with a private patio out by the pool. We dined at the lobby bar and had room service a few times, and each meal was quite good. The spa was fantastic, although the fitness center was a little small (but quite bright with views of the ocean and pool). Service was impeccable, and as an added bonus, I received a voice mail from Edgar when my plane landed at home that my watch had been retrieved from the room. Before I even realized I had left it behind, I had been contacted and offered free shipping on the watch back to me. Within several days I had it back - quite a nice touch! We have stayed at the Miramar several times and will definitely do so again in the future. It has become our "go to" hotel in Santa Monica.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was the 3rd destination in our honeymoon on March-2009.
We have enjoyed the front facing beach + nearby 3rd street promenade where walking & enjoying wide variety of restaurants, shops & cinema never been better.
Concierge is extremely helpful & friendly.
The suite was really great but missing a balcony which is available in regular rooms !!!.
Price was high but services & locations that makes your journey peaceful & happy would overcome .

Room Tip: If you are planning for a suite, make sure it got a balcony since some of them are not & you don...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple