Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
$479
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$189
The Ambrose(Santa Monica)
$388
$309
  • Breakfast included
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
$531
$396
  • Pool
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
$249
$373
Agoda.com
$560
  • Pool
Shutters on the Beach(Santa Monica)
$778
$740
2,520 results
All reviewsfig restaurantfig treeocean towerbungalow barlobby loungestreet promenadeconcierge deskbeautiful propertythe santa monica pierturn down servicebeverly hillslos angelesvalet parkingocean frontfew blocksexhalepalisades
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2008

Generally good. Have stayed here for work a couple of times and have been happy. Rooms are expensive but i wasn't paying!!
Hairdryer didn't work in my room but this was sorted by the staff promptly.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2008

This is an excellent choice for a stay in the Los Angeles area. It is right on the ocean and next to the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica. Easy drive to downtown via I-10. Easy walk to the Santa Monica pier.

Our room was clean and extremely well maintained. We were in the Palisades building which offers larger rooms, but no oceanview. We had our children with us so the room was more important. It had a little kitchen/bar area,a table and two chairs, and a walk in closet. The bungalows looked really great too.

The lobby and public areas were beautiful. When you drive up you feel like you are entering an oasis out of the busy streets, with the courtyard entrance and the big tree. Concierge and hotel staff were all so friendly and helpful. It only ever took a minute or two to get our car from the valet.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank AmyFlorida
Reviewed December 29, 2007

We stayed at the Fairmont for three nights right after Christmas, and all in all it was a very nice stay.
I thought our ocean tower room was a reasonable size, the bed was very comfortable, and there was good water pressure in the shower. That's a good start.
The web site warned us that the ocean views were partially blocked by palm trees, so that was fine. It was still a good view.
I asked in advance so I knew that valet parking was an obscene $28 a day -- not to mention 10% tax and a tip.
However, the web site also said there were coffee makers in the room. There wasn't one in ours. When I asked, I was told they had been removed and the web site needed to be updated. OK. That's fair. Then the next morning, I saw a coffee-making kit on the maid's cart. I asked again, and I was told that the hotel is upgrading its image and in the process of removing all of the coffee makers. How long does that take, I wondered, and, since I obviously wanted a coffee maker, and they were still in some rooms, why not offer me one.
Also during our stay, we wanted to fill our ice bucket. The hotel services booklet in the room said there were ice machines on each floor. When I asked at the front desk about this, I was told the ice machines had been removed but the books in the rooms hadn't been updated. We could get ice from room service. Out of curiousity, I went looking on our floor to see where the ice machine had been. I found a supply room at the end of the floor with an unlocked door and went in and what did I find -- coffee makers.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MarkCC
Reviewed December 25, 2007

I think I know this hotel quite well, as I've stayed in it more than once, and I have always found the same great level of service, the same excellence and the same (always very high) quality standards. This is, of course, an expensive hotel (Santa Monica hotels generally are), but I really can't understand how someone who has stayed at the Fairmont may have felt dissapointed. Just my opinion, of course.

The rooms are really wonderful: Spacious, perfectly appointed, extremely clean, full of nice touches ... absolutely wonderful. The breakfast at the restaurant is absolutely great, and the waiters and waitresses are always kind and give their best while serving you. The people at the reception desk are always helpful and efficient. The room service is excellent.

The hotel grounds are elegant, refined, and perfect for a relaxed and quiet stay. From that great tree at the main entrance ground to the beautiful surroundings of the restaurant and pool areas. The place is always extremely quiet, day or night, and that, being in the heart of Santa Monica, is fantastic, because when you're outside the hotel grounds you're right in the hustle and bustle of the city, but once you have entered them, a completely different atmosphere evolves, and everything becomes really private, exclusive and quiet.

The location is absolutely the best (at Wilshire Boulevard's westernmost intersection, with Ocean Avenue). You are literally in Downtown Santa Monica, in front of the ocean (although there is a bit of a walk and a bridge crossing to get there, because Ocean Avenue is on a hill, and the Pacific Coast Highway runs parallel below before the Santa Monica beach sands). And the great Third Street Promenade is just steps from the Fairmont's main entrance. Just cross Wilshire Blvd and walk to blocks until you get to 3rd Street, and there it begins. Plus you will find Ocean Ave. great for a relaxing walk, and there are many interesting dining options there too

Santa Monica is a safe and very walkable city, and this area in particular, day or night, is extremely safe, so you shouldn't be worried. Sure you will find some homeless people around the area, but they are harmless in most cases.

Summing up, if it's in your budget range, in the Fairmont Miramar you will always have an great stay. It is, in my honest opinion, the very best hotel, not just in Santa Monica, but in the whole L.A area. Someone said here that the place is not child-friendly ... well, that's probably true ... but for my wife and I that's definitely another of the hotel's many pluses!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank OperaOnTheTurnpike
Reviewed December 2, 2007

Well this is our second stay here at the Fairmont. But our first stay in the Oceans Tower. (our first stay was in a bungalow. Fabulous) I was concerned after the reviews but our room on the second floor had an ocean view and a pool view and was very nice. But small 250 sq ft not including the balcony. The other tower has larger rooms but no balcony and with 2 small kids you need that extra space. We only stayed one night and I think thats all I could handle in the tiny room. The bungalows are much more spacious and are so private it is so great. Way to pricey, but the location to the Promenade is fantastic. And great to walk with the kids. When going to Santa Monica this is where we will always stay. American Express points pay every year so that is a fun treat. Book on their website!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family