Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
$479
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$189
The Ambrose(Santa Monica)
$388
$309
  • Breakfast included
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
$531
$396
  • Pool
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
$249
$373
Agoda.com
$560
  • Pool
Shutters on the Beach(Santa Monica)
$778
$740
2,520 results
All reviewsfig restaurantfig treeocean towerbungalow barlobby loungestreet promenadeconcierge deskbeautiful propertythe santa monica pierturn down servicebeverly hillslos angelesvalet parkingocean frontfew blocksexhalepalisades
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We love this property and can't wait to return again and again. Of course, being a Fairmont, it is an older and beautifully preserved property, yet so classic. Everything was clean and operating as new; beds very comfortable. It is quiet inside, and although right on the corner of Wilshire & Ocean, the outside cars and commotion noise is very muted so sleeping is not a problem. The Fig is fine cafe and we love it for breakfast. Best corned beef hash. Room service is fast & order their delicious Mac & Cheese after a long day of driving on the LA freeways. Everyone there is so accomodating and willing to help you in whatever way possible. The concierges are very professional and helped me to get the dinner rolls for our Thanksgiving Dinner. Don't feel intimated by the many beautiful people and cars, as you belong too regardless of the car you're driving and brands you're wearing. Fairmonts are all about privacy, decency, kindliness and respect. So practice your good old-fashioned manners, then go enjoy the beach!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Durango_COBickersons
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We enjoyed our bungalow. The kids loved the whole idea of it. Beautiful hotel, great location across from beach, walking easy to Santa Monica Mall (stores, restaurants, street stands and entertainers). Expensive, as you'd expect a Fairmont to be, but perfect.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This was a business trip otherwise I would have never stayed at such a posh place (that is too expensive for the likes of me ;0). My stay (five nights) was comfortable: my room (and ocean view) were exceptional; the elevators were quick; and the service and amenities were top-notch.

A couple things to note:

* the turn-service was a bit weird until I figured out what was happening (i.e., my balcony door was left unlocked even though I had locked it upon leaving the room for dinner; the lights and the radio were switched on, too)

* there's no in-room coffee maker so if you're the type that absolutely needs caffeine in the a.m. to get motivated/out of bed, you're out of luck and forced to order a $20 carafe through room service (but if you can somehow manage to get moving without it, there is a Starbucks a block down the street)

* Wifi wasn't free unless you have a membership to the chain's President's Club (or whatever it's called)...luckily I was able to surf off a colleague's membership number

Hotel staff were professional, courteous and VERY helpful anytime I needed information or assistance.

I found the in-service dining and massage services for pets a little too much, given the number of homeless people I encountered during my stay in Santa Monica but I guess some dogs have all the luck, right?

All in all it was a very pleasant stay but there's no way I would ever decide to stay there on my own time/dime because it's just a little out of my comfort zone in terms of price.

Room Tip: My room faced the front courtyard/entrance and while it didn't bother me, I imagine the noise from the cars and activity would disturb some people (ex. staff whistling/clapping for cabs, traffic noise, etc)
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We were attending a wedding in the Fairmont and decided to stay at the hotel itself.
It met our expectations, in that sense that we knew we were paying for the name, more than anything else.
The rooms were clean, the bed was comfy, the pillows quite big... Housekeeping staff was very helpful and patient.
But as in a chain hotel, it feels very unpersonal and not really cozy at all.
It's amazing how expensive hotels have the guts to charge for wifi, aren't people already paying enough???

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Good, but not amazing. Overall a pretty nice (and fancy looking) place in a great location. The bed and room were comfortable - stayed in the Ocean tower, but service was not very good - especially for a 4+ star hotel!!! The staff seemed very "ho-hum" about things, and in no way went out of their way in customer service. Honestly, the most friendly person I encountered was the housekeeping woman I answered the door to for turn-down service. I also did not like the required valet parking, but ended up using it because it was most convenient and didn't have to find garages, etc. The valet guys were all efficient and kind and I liked that I could text them to retrieve my car 10 minutes before I needed it. I guess I would recommend this place, but it is WAY overpriced for the lack of service. I also let the hotel know when I made my reservation that it was a special occasion with my boyfriend and they didn't acknowledge this at all - not required, but just thought I would note it for anyone else. The pool and hot tub looked nice, but I did not have a chance to try them out on this trip. I am rating this hotel 4/5, but it was closer to 3.5 because of value for money spent, but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt and overall enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: I liked the Ocean tower - convenient and good room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple