“expensive for what they offer”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica
Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“expensive for what they offer”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2011

we booked a double bed suite in order to have a nice room for a 5 people family.
The hotel is fine, nothing else. The suite was small and the service...no service.
Breakfast is not included, and they parking fee is more then double of the parking opposite in the street.
Location is close to the beach and the 3rd promenade, but not "in" as you can have with other hotels. You can use a PC to go WWW, as long as u like to be standing at the front desk.
Not a good value for the money.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
DoubletreeManagement, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica, responded to this review, March 1, 2011
Above all thank you for takign the time to provide feedback about your most recent stay with us; I was very disappointed to read that we did not reach your level of expectation for our hotel. We have addressed your concerns and feedback with our staff to ensure our services are of highest caliber.
We do have a full service business center available in our hotel with complimentary internet access as well for guests; I am sorry this was not communicated to you. I do hope you will come visit us again in the future.

Hospitably

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2011

Went to Santa Monica to get away for the weekend and had a great stay. Water views were sold out during my stay, so I was given a top floor facing downtown. I could even see the Hollywood sign! The room was a little dated, but since it is an all-suite hotel rooms are very spacious.

I ordered room service for lunch one day and the trays sat outside my suite for almost 24 hours. When I told the desk for the third time they gave me complimentary breakfast which was nice. The breakfast was good too, with made-to-order omelets and great service.

Hotel is conveniently located near everything you would want. It's a short drive to LA (minus the traffic) and a short walk to the iconic Pier and the promenade. At night that walk felt a little iffy walking by myself, but there are plenty of people around so it wasn't too bad.

I'll definitely be back for a romantic weekend!

Parking is valet-only and overpriced, but this seems to be the norm in Southern California.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
DoubletreeManagement, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent stay with us; we are happy to see that weather was favorable during your stay and you were able to enjoy the sights of Los Angeles from your suite! We have reviewed your comments with our Food & Beverage team to ensure that room service trays are picked up in a timely fashion.

Thank you again for taking the time to inform us of how we are doing and hope we can be your hotel of choice when you are ready for your romantic weekend.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2011

A well-service hotel, 3 blocks away from the beach, good price.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

If you are looking for a great hotel with large rooms, with big value less than 3 blocks from the Ocean and all the main attractions of Santa Monica then this is your place. It starts with perhaps the best smile ever from Veronica on the front desk through all the employees. Aqualino has my breakfast made soon as he sees me. Elba always cleans my room to her exacting standards. I think everyone in the entire place calls me by my name. If you are way from home this is the next best place to be. Mitch

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2011

We stayed several nights at the Doubletree when we first arrived in the US for a month long holiday. We liked it so much that we sought out Doubletree hotels at each of our destinations. The Santa Monica and LAX airport hotels were the best we came across. The Santa Monica Doubletree is a short walk to 3rd Prominade and is not beachfront but if you prefer to save money to spend on activities (as opposed to hotel views) then I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2011

I was concerned before my trip with things i'd read about it's location over the road from a homeless shelter . as it turned out the shelter was about 1km away across a freeway and behind trees , and in the complete opposite direction to your walk to the seafront !
the rooms were massive , staff superb and the incredible breakfasts were a great start to each day .

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Indialantic, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2011

Loved this hotel. My only complaint (and minute at that) was that I thought the bathroom could use a little updating. It felt a little musty in the shower. Other than that, it's great! It's a realllly short walk down to the Promenade and the shopping is great!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business