2,893 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesstreet promenadehigh schoolvalet parkingsofa bedwithin walking distanceseparate bedroomliving areaper dayking suitefree shuttlethird floorshopping areafew blocksrooms are largevalet service
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We stayed here for Christmas night and were really happy with the hotel. We booked through AAA and got a good rate. The hotel itself is very nice and the rooms have been upgraded. The staff were all very friendly and helpful right from when we pulled up. My boyfriend had also arranged to have some roses delivered into our room for a surprise for me and the hotel was very accommodating.

Rooms were nice, I always enjoy a seperate bedroom rather than a studio and the bathroom was nice. The beds were very comfy and the curtains were super dark so no natural light waking us up in the morning. Was also very quiet so we had a great night's sleep.

Buffet breakfast the next morning was a highlight, and they have an egg making station as well which was a bonus.

Yes this isn't right on the beach but if it was it would be at least a few hundred dollars more a night I would say, plus it's really not that far from the Promenade.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alicemac41
Reviewed December 27, 2010

We stayed at the Doubletree Santa Monica primarily because there were 3 of us traveling and we needed 3 beds. No other hotel could accommodate us. We were surprised at how nice the hotel was. Beautiful atrium with glass elevators. When we got to the room, it was as advertised, 2 double beds and a sofa bed in a separate room. This would have been fine except that the carpet and floor on the window side of the bedroom was soaked. I don't know if it was from the recent rains, a leak, but it was "SOAKED". I called the front desk to see if we could move to another room. Nothing was available. The front desk clerk said she would have housekeeping clean it in the morning. In the meantime we put down tons of towels to keep our feet dry. Then I almost slipped in the shower...very slippery with no rubber mat. I again asked the front desk to get housekeeping to bring one. With my 80 year old mother, I didn't want her to slip. The front desk clerk again said she would "take care of it". Still no mat ever came. We ended up putting a towel on the floor in the shower. The room itself was very nice, large and the hotel is in a great location. The next day, I spoke directly with the housekeeper and again asked for a rubber mat and told him about the floor. Maybe he didn't understand me because when we got back after a long day of shopping there was NO RUBBER mat and the same towels we had on the soaked carpet were still there. I called housekeeping 4 times and never got an answer. At that point I gave up since we were leaving the next day. I was not happy with the service at this hotel. They are so lucky none of us slipped or they would have a real problem on their hand. We also ordered in room service..a very forgettable meal! So. overall, this hotel is nice with a great location. Don't order room service, be careful in the shower and hopefully your stay will be better than ours.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
DoubletreeManagement, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2011

Above all allow me to thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I can assure you it was very disappointing to read that we failed to resolve your concerns with your shower tub and wet carpet. We have reviewed your concerns with our management team and I am confident all efforts will be made to ensure this does not occur again.

I do hope should your travels bring you back again to Santa Monica you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate how attentive and friendly our staff is!

Reviewed December 24, 2010

We stayed two nights at the Doubletree in early December 2010. Deciding on a hotel in Santa Monica was difficult. I found no big bargains in Santa Monica, and when spending more I put more pressure on myself to pick a property that delivers for the dollars spent. The Doubletree did. There are hotels closer to the beach, but we were surprised to find that the beach was only one of many destination areas in Santa Monica (it was our first trip there). I will say this, the Doubletree would not be the place to stay if you are mobility restricted. Everywhere we wanted to go was at least a 5-10 minute walk away. If walking that far or a little farther is no problem, then this is a great location. We walked to the Santa Monica Pier (really neat at night in the fog, too), the Beach Promenade, all through the beautiful hotel and residential neighborhoods north of the Third Street Promenade, and, of course, the Third Street Promenade itself(great street performances!). We took Trip Advisor posting advice to eat away from the Promenade. So many neat places. The Saturday Santa Monica Farmers Market was fun (we heard that the midweek one was even bigger). The Doubletree turned out to be a great location for us because it was also within walking distance, in the other direction, of the fun Main Street area. The hotel was clean, comforting and welcoming. It is right by the highway, but we had no problem with highway noise at all. We did not have a car, so cannot comment on parking. Fabulously comfortable bed. We felt very safe walking around (police headquarters right nearby, by the way), the streets always had other walkers out and about, even fairly late. While we did not use them, there are several bus stops near by. The staff was friendly and professional. A really nice touch: they always welcomed us back when we walked in the front door. It is nice to feel noticed. Good internet access. We will go back to Santa Monica, and when we do, we will stay at this Doubletree again. Staying there contributed to a great weekend.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2010

This hotel has been my favorite place when I visit this area for biz trip. Warm welcome and cookies, large suite room with fridge, very quiet on high school ends room, comfortable king size bed, Neutrogena amenities, wide variety of breakfast buffet, self parking on basement. However, now the only parking option is valet, and its $28 per a night.

My corporate rate includes breakfast but now they say only continental, and to have eggs/omelet they charge extra $8. With my recent stay, when I found a mistake on my bill about parking, the front desk staff was not helpful, though later I received apology email from their Business Travel Sales Manager. Their TV is still non-HD. For me it’s time to pick another affordable hotel with self-parking and flat screen TV .

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback about your most recent stay. I was pleased to read that we have been your hotel of choice in the Santa Monica area in the past but I am fully committed to ensuring your loyalty in the future.

We have completed installing new High Definition TV's with a line up of High Definition channels available to our guests.

I am confident should you allow us the opportunity to continue to be your hotel of choice.

Hotel Management

Reviewed December 4, 2010

This review definitely would have been a "5" until this morning. Traveling with a group of 15, the check-in was smooth, breakfast was fast and good, the staff were excellent, particularly Eddie (the concierge). This morning was a mess, though. About half of our group had to leave at 6:00am. When they tried to check out, we were told that the night clerk had no access to cash (we had to leave a deposit), and that they would have to wait until 6:00, the time that they were supposed to leave. At least they could grab breakfast, right? Wrong! The restaurant manager told me that the coffee shop opened at 5:00am today and that the group would have no problem getting breakfast. They didn't open until 6:00, so there was a mad rush at 6:00 to grab something to go, finish checking out (my colleague ended up giving the group their deposit money and getting refunded by the hotel). All to say... this was a really bad morning to end an otherwise great stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
DoubletreeManagement, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2010

Thank you for providing us with your kind words; we truly take pride in ensuring we meet the needs of our guests. I am very pleased to read that you were extremely happy with the service provided by the staff in particular Eddie.
Even with all this great feedback you gave us; i would like to address the less than stellar check out you experienced. I have discussed the matter with our overnight staff and we have given them coaching on how to better handle these types of situations.
We hope these occurrences will nor prevent you from staying with us in the future and we look forward to being your hotel of choice in Santa Monica

Hotel Management