“I wish I could have stayed longer.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
San Francisco, United States
“I wish I could have stayed longer.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I was there for a meeting. The accommodations were great, but the food served was even better. All the hotel staff were friendly and outgoing, and the chef obviously took justifiable pride in his work. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

JDSmith1, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to recognize our award winning Chef and his team -- very much appreciated. Please visit us again when you have more time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, Chile
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

1. The room was dark when I arrived. I pressed the on button and it was still dark. I called the reception and they told me it should have been synced but its not and it's an engineer jobs and the engineers dont work at night. So I opened every light and light and it was still pretty dark.

2. I got back to the hotel after a few hours outside and there was no water in the lobby. they ran out of it. I told them I was thirsty so the recpetionist called someone. but he never showed up so there was no water for me.

3. They recommended a black car service that costed 50 $ and told me a cab would cost 100 $. But It costed 30$ so I think that was a trick on my behalf.

4. CHECK out what you are paying for. there is no breakfast and the pool closes at 10am!
That being said - The cookie was heart warming, The location was mind blowing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
JDSmith1, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and appointment and we will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Great room and close to the 3 street Promenade and beach. Unfortunately I had to spend a lot of time in the room due to illness. Grateful the room was very nice and hubby got us dinner from the restaurant in the hotel. Food was excellent. Love your homemade cookies. We will be back to stay and explore Santa Monica.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Sorry to read that you were under the weather during your recent stay and hope you have recovered. We will keep the cookies fresh and warm for your next visit.
San Diego, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Had a great stay at this hotel for one night. We were in town for a wedding. They allowed us to check in early which was wonderful. The front desk staff were very nice. The room was clean and comfortable. The separate bedroom/living room was ideal since we were traveling with our baby daughter. Valet service was exceptional. We called down to have our car brought up and it was always there by the time we came out front. We took advantage of the breakfast buffet and it was delicious and fresh.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

JDSmith1, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you acknowledging a lot of our Staff: Valet, Front Desk, Housekeeping plus Food & Beverage. Our team here reads all reviews regularly and you put a smile on a lot of faces.
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Like all DoubleTrees this one serves warm cookies upon arrival. And I may have asked for another during my stay =) The location is wonderful just a short walk to the Santa Monica Pier and mall and restaurants. The parking is Valet only, but you can go in and out without additional costs. It doesn't take much time for them to get your car either.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review, very much appreciated -- we will keep the cookies warm for your next visitation.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

We were given the wrong directions several times by staff regarding transportation in the area since we wanted try to walk or take the bus and the concierge was never available. We were coldly welcomed and had to ask for cookies upon checkin. The king bed was fine but sofabed was very uncomfortable. Not what we expect from a hilton doubltree. Also, i used points to reserve but read that people who booked on hotwire got free breakfast for the family, i spent 20,000$ last year on my card to get gold status but still had to pay over $20 plus tip for breakfast since i only got 2 vouchers. Disappointing hilton doubletree is giving better perks to people who book on blind sites to get a better deal. I thought gold members got 2 vouchers so i was ok with that till i read other families are treated differently and my husband couln't join us this weekend. This hotel cost twice the points per night as the la hilton i stayed at. I've always been treated well at doubletree before so i don't know if it's because i was a single mom with kids this wekend but i had to go online to look up info because the hotel staff didn't know about various local venues or schedules. Very disappointing. At least the location was great. We never did use the pool but it looked wonderful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
JDSmith1, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for being a valued HHonors Gold Member. We are disapointed to read that your stay with us did not measure up to your expectations. We do offer a lot of different breakfast packages online that are varied in their offerings; please be assured that they are also priced accordingly. Hopefully on your next visit, you and your family will get the time to enjoy our pool.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

This hotel is AWESOME!!! My boyfriend and I stayed visited California for the first time and we hesitantly chose the Santa Monica property. We thought staying in downtown LA would have been a better experience for the first time. Boy were we ever so wrong! The area is all you need and more. Shopping, the beach, food galore all within walking distance! The staff here is phenonmenal! We were there to celebrate our anniversary and I planned a scavenger hunt in the hotel for my BF and the staff was dead on with helping me see it through. They passed out my gifts and all. Love them!!! If you looking for relaxation and a good time, this is the place to be! Decor in room is a bit dated but we often stay at DoubleTree properties and it is all about the same. It serves its purpose, I mean its not my house to decorate lol! Tip for all visiting with a car, use the parking garage across the street for $5 versus the $28 valet on site

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

2 Thank ICthaWorld
Glad to read that your scavenger hunt was successful; our team here always seems to rise to the occassion. Not sure if you used our complimentary Wi-FI, but we extend this courtesy throughout the entire hotel --including your room -- regardless of how many devices you utilize. Please plan on a return visit. Thanks,