“LA visit” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Godfrey
“LA visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

This hotel was in a great location. Only 4 blocks from the entrance to the Santa Monica Pier and close to downtown.
Staff was welcoming and friendly. The rooms being suites were certainly spacious enough for a business traveler. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Northwest Corner room had view of the ocean though small. The suites had ample room to do work.
1 Thank TravelLizzard
JDSmith1, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for your review -- we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

The room is very clean and well organized. It was so comfortable to stay for short and long period. The staffs are friendly and willing to help us on anything that we asked for especially their advises on the shopping area/sightseeing. The hotel is just a 5-10mins walking distance to third street promenade and about 15mins to walk to the pier.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for letting us know that your interaction with our staff was so positve.
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

I had some meetings in Santa Monica and instead of staying at my usual boutique in LA, I thought I'd try the Doubletree again given that my first time had been such a pleasant experience. Unfortunately, it was not such a great experience the second time around. I was offered a "suite" on the Hilton Honors floor and it was the size of a small hotel room - not a suite and not at all the same shape or size as my previous non-Honors room. Not a great way to reward a guest for signing up to the programme. My door latch was broken so when I got in after a long day's worth of meetings I had to go back down to the Front Desk to ask for a repairman to get my door fixed. Finally, there was a tinny TV sound all night long - I looked around and my TV nor my radio appeared to be on, so I just thought it was a loud neighbor next door. After a fairly sleepless night - annoyed by the mosquito like buzz of this low-playing media noise - I realized that my bedside radio was on. I don't know if this was deliberate or by mistake but if Housekeeping had just checked that all the media devices in the room were turned off (or turned up to a sufficient volume that I'd be sure the radio was on), that would have saved me from the nuisance. Finally, I had a message waiting for me when I got back to my room and all it was was a "welcome" message. Again, a nice note delivered in the room is less intrusive than a red blinking message light on the phone. The whole experience struck me as Hilton Honors' attempt to make the programme experience more "boutique"-like and it failed. I think the non-Honors floor with the large, actual suites, proper bathrooms with bathtubs (just a shower in my "Honors" suite) is a much better hotel experience. Will have to be sure that I actually get a suite if I decide to stay at this hotel again. The staff, as ever, were friendly and capable so it's not their fault - I suspect it's something corporate may have devised and didn't think through properly.

Room Tip: Make sure that your "suite" is actually a suite and not just a standard or small sized hot...
1 Thank TallSuzy
JDSmith1, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
We would encourage any guest that is not satisfied with their room to immediately contact our Front Desk in order to secure a room move; many times, we simply provide an additional sleeping room – without having to pack personal items – until our Maintenance Team is able to fix whatever the challenge was with the original room. Our apologies for not meeting your expectations.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed here for our last 3 nights in California before heading to LAX.

First up - parking is $28 per night using the hotel's valet/car park, I'd highly advise using the large lot just across the street, which is a maximum of $5 per 24 hours.

The hotel's staff are all very pleasant, polite and helpful, and we had no problems here. Check in was smooth and the warm cookies on checkin were a nice touch.

We were in a room on the 7th floor which had a large bedroom (with TV), a larger living room (another TV) and a good-sized bathroom. All were clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated. We felt very at home. Being on the 7th floor wasn't an issue as the lifts are quick and efficient.

The rooms got a bit warm but the A/C was not particularly loud, in general the rooms were quiet - we could hear a crying baby somewhere nearby, there is a nearby high school which has a lot of sports on the field which the hotel overlooks, even fairly late in the evening there were a few whistles and the band seems to practice at about 8am every day - however none of this disturbed our sleep which is a good reflection on how well sound-proofed the rooms are.

The hotel is close to both the shops and centre of Santa Monica, the bars on Main St, and also the beach.

All in all, a good stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay -- very much appreciated.
Honolulu, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

The suites are large, well designed and user friendly. Hotel is very well maintained and service is excellent. Beds are very comfortable and sheets are crisp. Located very close to major shopping areas and bus lines.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Always reaffirming to read from one of our past guests how much they enjoyed both the hotel and excellent service.
st louis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

dinner room is too much like breakfast setting, but excellent food for all meals. bar not open in afternoon. hospitality of staff is wonderful. very clean and updated rooms and lobby. parking is too high, but $5.00 public lot across street.

1 Thank Steven G
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know that you found the hospitality of our staff wonderful. In addition, please note that we are one of the very few full service hotels that does not charge for Wi-FI anywhere throughout the property.
Ooltewah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was a beautiful hotel that is very convienient to the beach. Just a short walk to Santa Monica Pier A must stay for anyone who wants an excellent last night before a short drive back to LAX. Guest services are top notch. Top floor is the best ocean view without having to be right on the beach.

1 Thank Jonathan F
Thank you taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay and that you found our services to be top notch.