$377
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $418/night.

Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$297
$219
$349
$267
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Travelodge by Wyndham Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$204
The Ambrose(Santa Monica)
$357
$319
  • Breakfast included
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
$339
  • Beachfront
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
$544
$456
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$454
$439
$475
2,864 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookieshigh schoolstreet promenadevalet parkingsofa bedseparate bedroomwithin walking distanceliving areaper dayking suitefree shuttlethird floorshopping areafew blocksvalet servicerooms are large
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I was very satisfied with this place. My only problem was the price of Valet parking. There are no options so it's like they've got you by your wallet. The staff were nice - the bartender over all others was as courteous and nice as can be. The cookies were tasty but they destroy your mouth much like chomping on fiberglass. (Not that I've ever done that before or anything). Anyways, the Eggs Benedict was probably the best I ever had and the room was like new. I slept like a rock and that's what was most important. The beds were so cozy! Normally at Hiltons I can't sleep because I toss and turn on the hard mattresses (Embassy, Homewood etc.) but I fell asleep and didn't move once. I don't even sleep like that at home! They do not have a shuttle, and the main boardwalk is a 15 minute walk from the hotel crossing a busy intersection or two. I will take a cab next time for convenience. (I'm lazy). Final thought - STAY HERE!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This hotel is far too expensive for what you get. We arrived to a dirty room (socks from the last guest found behind the bedroom door, dirty fridge, dirty carpets, broken air conditioning. Given the quality and service of other Double Tree properties i have stayed in this was more like a 2* hotel. The only staff with welcoming smiles on their faces were the valet staff and the receptionist who greeted us at breakfast. Valet is $28 per day and the hotel isn't even on the beach front, it's on a main road, next to the highway! Pool was small and as a note to other guests avoid it between 4pm -5.30pm on weekends as the locals bring their kids for swimming lessons.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Experttravelleruk1
DTSbHGeneralManager, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Dear Experttravelleruk1,
Thank you for posting your review of your recent stay with us in Santa Monica and please accept my apology for the shortcomings you experienced with your suite upon check-in. As a Senior Reviewer, your feedback is especially valuable to us and we regret that your stay did not live up to your expectations. Please be assured that your experience is not typical at our hotel and corrective action has been taken to ensure that the issues you reported do not occur again. If I can be of service to you regarding any future visit to Santa Monica, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Kind regards,
Morgan Smith

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Good experience at this Doubletree, great location, easy walking distance to pier, shopping, beach, etc...Staff was well trained, knowledgeable and friendly. Room was clean and updated. Valet service was quick and very helpful with directions and suggestions.

Room Tip: Use the upgrade option which I think was $9. It got us a partial ocean view and a nice room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dledwin
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I am currently staying at the Doubletree Santa Monica. Woke up early, so I thought I'd write a review and this a good hotel. Our King suite is spacious, clean and faces the pool. We are in Santa Monica for a friend's wedding and booked the room through Priceline (first time using it), and we are not disappointed. There are two big, flat-screen TVs in our room and there are many channels in HD, a first at a hotel I've stayed at. There is no noise from the hallway and you can close yourself into the bedroom, so there are actually two doors between you and the hallway. The only thing that may bug some people is the hum of the air conditioning, which is minimal.
There is only valet parking here, but we did some research and parked across the street at the Santa Monica Civic parkade, which is literally a 45 second walk to the hotel. There are no in and out priviledges, but we aren't doing a whole lot of driving because there is lots to do within walking distance of this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 312 faces the pool at an angle and is away from the Santa Monica High School and is in a low-traffic part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank YYCtransplant
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This is our third time to stay at this hotel in the last 6 years. Its very consistent, friendly staff and clean rooms. The decor is a bit outdated but they do a good job of keeping up with maintenance. Very easy walking location to third street promenade and Santa Monica shopping.
Added bonus of a warm cookie on check in always makes you feel welcome.
Would definelty stay here again.

Room Tip: King Size rooms are spacious and the beds are very comfortable
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple