DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$267
$209
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $251/night.

$227
$199
ComfortInn
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
$259
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $336/night.

Travelodge by Wyndham Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$229
$377
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $509/night.

$452
$309
$400
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $503/night.

$544
$396
The Ambrose(Santa Monica)
$259
$246
The Ambrose
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $322/night.

Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$329
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $570/night.

2,812 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesvalet parkinghigh schoolstreet promenadesofa bedseparate bedroomwithin walking distanceshort walkliving areaper dayking suitethird floorshopping areafew blocksvalet servicevenice beach
Reviewed January 25, 2012

My Mom and I stayed there while my dad was at UCLA Santa Monica Hospital for surgery. We had lots of unforseen issues and the staff was there with wheel chairs, extending our stay, being compassionate about the situation, and helping (everyone) to make our stay as best as it could be given the circumstances.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Very clean well appointed suites. Easy walk to the pier, shops and market. Staff are friendly and helpful. Well worth the money.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Tracey C
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Booked for three nights in early December and were notified upon check-in that there would be renovations and construction sounds would ABSOLUTELY be heard, as early as 8:30 AM in the morning.

Was very pleased as there were barely sounds of hammering/drilling (only heard 1 morning!) and it seemed as if the rooms near ours were mostly being painted. Maybe we had prepared ourselves for the worst. The room itself (all suites) is spacious, clean and well designed. My only complaint being they do not have safes or microwaves in the suites (apparently to be installed during some renovations). The pool/fitness area/sauna is clean and well kept, although we did find local youth would come in and use the amenities (door is locked, but other guests would let them in on the basis they 'were locked out' or 'are meeting their parents', etc.. Security is great, but a hassle.

To be competitive, the hotel could probably add rental bikes for tourists or complimentary breakfast, at least during times of construction. Overall, I would still recommend for travelers (room sleeps up to 4 and has 2 TVs if you're traveling with family).

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I stay in Los Angeles once a week for business. I usually stay in the Downtown area, but I thought I would branch out and give a new property a chance.....bad idea!
Check-in went fine, went up to my room and immediately noticed that it was not a suite. The hotel is advertised as "all-suite" and I had reserved a suite. I called down to the front desk and the tried to tell me I was in a "suite"...keep in mind there was no separate sitting area or even chair....after prodding they told me I had booked the wrong room. I was in a "king" room, not sure how this is even possible since this is the DoubleTree "Suites"!
I realized I was getting nowhere with them, I asked our office travel rep to give them a call. After a few minutes the front desk called and said they had a suite ready for me. The bellman dropped off the new room keys and I went to the new suite. The room was very dated, stains on the floor and really needed an update badly. The view from the window looked like a third world country and had the great bonus of being directly over a loading dock with trucks idling all day.....see the pictures to get a sense of the quality of this place.
I would not recommend this hotel at all, there are plenty of great properties in the general area that are much better for the price.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
DTSbHGeneralManager, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Dear haute1971,
Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. We appreciate all types of feedback and work hard to address any issues that may have a negative impact on our guest's experience. I apologize for the problems you experienced and encourage you to give us another try. We have many wonderful city and partial ocean views to offer and are also completing many exciting upgrades to our suites. Santa Monica is a beautiful and convenient location for frequent visits to LA so please feel free to contact me personally if I can be of service to you in the future.
Kind regards,
Morgan Smith

Reviewed January 16, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for three nights in January 2012 and was satisfied by service provided by hotel staff. My room was very spacious, bed was comfortable. I had breakfast twice and it was delicious. Bar at the second floor is fantastic! I recommend to my friends to stay at the Double Tree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica if they come this city or LA.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business