“Great Hotel in Santa Monica”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica
Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Hotel in Santa Monica”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

We were coming into LA for a wedding and stayed here for 3 nights overall it was really nice. Checkin was easy and the cookies were delicious. The room was quite possibly the best part the suite was roomy and a much better set up than embassy suites (which we stay in quite a lot). The staff didn't seem to know as much about the Santa Monica area as we would have expected. We wanted a quick easy deli/sandwiches/salads and they had so much trouble figuring out where we should go. We ended up just walking towards the pier/beach and found a great little local place. It was very quite at night and we couldn't hear the highway at all. It was a tad but pricy but that's expected in Santa Monica and LA. Overall, we would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for three nights in August before heading back to New Zealand. This was our first time in Santa Monica, which made a nice change from the norm of staying in LA. Check in was friendly, quick and hassle free, with the added bonus of some delicious free cookies to take up to our room. We didn't use the restaurants and covered breakfact with some lovely take away yogurt from the lobby bar.The hotel rooms are spacious and comfortable with a nice large bathroom. We felt really comfortable in the hotel and found the staff that we had communication with, just great.The hotel is within walking distance of the pier, mall, and the main shopping street which all contain some great restaurants and bars. I just loved our time in Santa Monica and would easily come back and stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Adjoining rooms can be a little noisy so avoid if possible.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Stratford, CT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

My family stayed at the Doubletree for 5 days. We noticed that my son who left his wallet burried in his suitcase was missing $80.00. My 12 yr. old daughter was missing $77.00 of her birthday money from her hidden wallet. The manager lead us to believe that things "would be made right." An investigation was done and we were told they would submit it to the insurance co. This was said to me while we were still at the hotel. The day I returned home I received a message that they interviewed the staff and trust everyone who was in our room. They only thing they could do would be to give us an upgrade on our next stay. I feel we were lied to during our stay in order to keep us happy. I also upgraded to a balcony room. The balcony was so small, no table or chair and overlooked the Santa Monica High School's marching band which had practice every morning and Sat. afternoon. Enough said...I would never stay there again

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Denise S
DTSbHGeneralManager, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Dear Denise S,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at our hotel and be assured that the circumstances you described are highly uncommon. While we have been unable to confirm what may have happened to your children's missing money, we are certainly concerned and very responsible in taking measures to prevent any kind of theft. We are genuinely sorry that you had a bad experience while visiting us in Santa Monica.

Also, regarding the high school band, they returned to their regular practice location this week and should no longer be a distraction.

Please contact me directly for additional assistance at 310-899-1360.

Kind regards,

Morgan Smith
San Jose, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

The hotel itself is great, but the hotel wifi is horrible, max speeds of around 400 kilobits/sec,so I have to give it 2 stars.

My request for a high floor was accommodated, the room was ready and clean even though I was early. The location is good, half a mile from the pier, and near restaurants. If I was on vacation, this would be a good hotel. I needed the internet for work, and being unable to log into meeting was frustrating. Another reviewer complained about the internet earlier, but hotel management replied that the issue was resolved, it isn't (I stayed mid October).
Another quibble- my calls to the CareLine went unanswered, and later on, after asking why, I was told to dial 0 instead of 7.

If you are travelling for personal trip, beware there is 28/dollar a day parking charge, but I guess that goes with the territory. There was no high school practise to wake me up.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank johndoe13
DTSbHGeneralManager, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Santa Monica, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Dear johndoe13,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at our DoubleTree Suites by Hilton in Santa Monica. We genuinely value all constructive criticism as it helps us prioritize areas for improvement. While I am pleased that the hotel's accommodations and location were to your liking, I also want to apologize that we fell short in some areas.

We do have a solution underway that will significantly increase the wireless HSIA that is provided on a complimentary basis throughout the hotel. We recognize the importance of this feature and have contracted with AT&T for the expansion, projected to be completed within 30 days.

Your feedback regarding the Careline is also very helpful and will be quickly addressed.

I hope we have the opportunity to be of service to you in the future and encourage you to contact me personally when you plan your next trip.

Kind regards,

Morgan Smith, General Manager
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

My husband and I were married over labor day weekend and of course had a very hard time getting a block of hotel rooms in a coastal town! The DoubleTree agreed to set aside a few rooms for us and would accommodate as many people at that rate as possible. Almost our entire wedding stayed at this hotel, including family and everyone commented on the hospitality of the hotel. For some family members that travel often and are used to much pricier hotels even said that they received a better level of care than they do at the higher priced hotels.

We even used their bar area for our after rehearsal dinner meeting location. They agreed to stay open later for our group.

We truly enjoyed working with them and would highly recommend them for your stay or event in Santa Monica.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

Room was modern and well maintained. We made a complaint about the noise of the fridge and it was replaced before we got back to our room. Given the location and quality we think it was well priced. King bed was comfy and rooms were really quite. We were a bit concerned as there was a big conference on when we were there, it was really loud in the foyer and dining areas but we could not hear a thing in our room. Staff at front desk and concierge were really nice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

We spent 3 nights at Double Tree in a king suite on 7th floor and loved it. Staff helpful and pleasant. Room lovely and spacious, spotlessly clean. Only comment would be a table and a couple of chairs would be nice for in room dining. It was about an easy 3 block walk to the main shopping area and about the same to pier. Outdoor swimming pool was not large but adequate and warm and clean on 3rd floor and nice hot spa. There was a coffee percolator and small fridge. Excellent value for the price we paid on an internet deal.

Room Tip: I wouldnt get a room overlooking pool in case it was noisy. Hotel close to freeway which could be h...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple