“Perfect for My Needs”

Days Inn Santa Monica/los Angeles
Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
St. Wendel, Germany
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I spent a single night here in January 2013, and everything went just fine.

After arriving, the reception staff took details, gave me a few area tips, etc., and I was in my room five minutes later. It was a pleasant space - roomy for a single person, but it'd be fine for a couple too, and the large windows made it airy and bright, although not overly so. I was worried that I'd been put in a room that faced the road on two sides, but it's actually a fairly quiet part of town, and traffic noise didn't bother me at all.

The fittings in my room were perhaps slightly old fashioned (the sink, in particular, was very grand!) and the room number was written in tiles on the bathroom floor. Quirky, but a nice touch, and certainly a bit different! Everything was clean and tidy, and the bed turned out to be nice and comfy too.

My map said the hotel's only two miles from the beach and the Santa Monica pier, but it felt like a lot further than that. There are regular buses that run straight down the road from the hotel to the Santa Monica promenade, and a single trip is only $1, so I would recommend doing that if you want to see the sights while you're here. All the good places to shop and eat seem to be down nearer the coast too, so don't expect much if you're not prepared to wander a bit away from the hotel. It felt like a perfectly safe area.

The next morning, the complimentary breakfast was perfectly adequate, with a decent selection of food and drinks on offer, and I was able to check out afterwards without any fuss. In short, a perfectly happy stay, and a hotel I'd used again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Rich M
Scott R, Front Desk Clerk at Days Inn Santa Monica/los Angeles, responded to this review, September 1, 2015
Thank you so much for the rave review!!! We can't wait to see you on your next visit with us!

-Days Inn Santa Monica
Las Vegas
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Days Inn Hotel in Santa Monica was an excellent hotel to stay in. The rooms were neat and clean and the hotel staff was great. David checked us in and we received great customer service throughout our stay. Also it is a great location if you want to go to Santa Monica Pier, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. And they had one of the best Continental Breakfast(s)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you so much for your rave review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us here. We look forward to your next visit with us!

-Days Inn Santa Monica