“bbb”

Days Inn Santa Monica/los Angeles
Ranked #30 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Scott R, Front Desk Clerk at Days Inn Santa Monica/los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2015

A Wyndham traveler
FOLSOM
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We have stayed several times at this Inn. They have markedly improved the property e.g. paint, furniture, television sets, sun deck and exercise equipment. It provides a comfortable stay,. A grat value especially for Santa Monica

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your rave review! We appreciate the feedback!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have stayed at his hotel at least 10 times. Whenever I need something reasonably priced and conveniently located I choose the Days Inn. It's not a place that offers many amenities or pretends to be anything other than what it is. When I have a longer stay in Santa Monica and want something a bit more luxurious or closer to the beach I make a different choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face Santa Monica Boulevard
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your feedback! We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Overall we found the hotel to be reasonable but were very dissapointed with the service. Firstly the check in staff seemed preoccupied with the tv most time we went down to the lobby and we were shocked to find that the bathroom was equipped with only a couple of hand towels and no large towels at all. When my girlfriend went down to ask if they had any the recpetionist was clearly not interested and said it was normal not to have large towels to dry yourself and didn't offer to go and find any saying if they were not in the bathroom they musn't have any. I beg to disagree every hotel we stayed and we stayed in 20+ during our stay had both hand towels and large towels. we made do therefore but this really spoiled our perception of the hotel unfortunately. The hotel also was a long walk from the beach (40 mins) and downtown SM and I didn't feel the room reflected this as was still quite expensive.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your feedback we have addressed the issues raised with the front desk staff. Might we recommend using the Blue Bus on your next trip. It's only a 10 min ride to the beach via that way. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel is a couple miles from the beach, but with the pink and pastel blue facade, blue heron metal sculptures, etc., it very much appears it should be in a Florida beach location. I checked in after dark and after a checkin that made me feel like I was checking into a cheap place. I headed to my room where I was not very impressed either. The wallpaper in the room is pealing in the corners, have splatters of what appears to be (or at least I hope just) coffee (how does that happen?), and several tears. The trim is in great need of new paint, and corners of the bathroom looked like mildew. I booked 2 nights here, but after looking around the room I was considering checking out by morning and finding another place.
With the light of morning, however, I investigated the rest of the hotel. There is no pool but there are numerous fitness bikes, treadmills, etc., in hall areas of the 3rd and 4th floor (by the elevators/stairs) as well as several private sunroom style rooms with just one piece of equipment in each. A nice looking sauna is just off from one of these, but not very private since the sauna is directly off the 4th floor hall with a window from the hall. There is a rather nice sundeck on the roof of the 3rd floor – accessible from the 4th. This sundeck was actually the part that convinced me to stay the next day I had booked.
The complimentary breakfast wasn’t too bad. Nothing “hot” – basically just donuts, croissants, and other bread items, as well as fresh fruit like bananas and apples (no cut fruit). The donuts and croissants seemed fresh. Just don’t expect eggs and sausage here.
I like to walk, so I did walk down to Santa Monica beach and pier (end of “Route 66!”). The walk is a little over 2 miles each way, so unless you walk fast like me, expect it to take awhile. Otherwise, the drive to the beach is straight down the street and it appeared there were numerous parking areas all posting about $8 for parking.
Overall, not a bad stay. Since the price of most other “real” hotels nearer the beach appear to be at least 3 times what I paid for this room, I probably would not hesitate too much to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thanks so much for the feedback! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

They say first impressions are lasting. The check in staff should realise this. After a 12 hour flight from Sydney we arrived a couple of hours before check in. I assumed we would leave our bags and go for a walk. Every hotel I have stayed in will store bags in such a situation for no cost, especially for such a short time. Not this one, if I recall correctly it was Kris who insisted we pay him cash $5 a bag costing us $15. Very very poor first impression.

The room itself was clean, Busty's a few doors up is a good place for a pub type meal. Breakfast is very basic but is as described. Wifi is free, plenty of TV stations and a/c

One thing to note, our room seemed to vibrate/shake day and night. Just a subtle shake that came and went. You could feel it on the bed and also even when sitting at the desk.

Easy to get to the beach if you don't have a car, the bus goes past and the no 1 blue bus only costs $1

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank filo_o1

Thank you so much for the feedback.