“Great location, price and family feel”

Comfort Inn Santa Monica
Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
“Great location, price and family feel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel based on the quality of the reviews so I was hugely pleased with how good it was. The room as very spacious and comfortable for us and our 'tweenie' children and the service was excellent. The extras and amazing location certainly make it a great place to stay in Los Angeles. The hot breakfast buffet was just delicious and the free wifi and parking made the overall experience just great. We would definitely recommend this place.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jotb24
GMCA430, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Santa Monica, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn Santa Monica. I am glad to hear you were able to take advantage of our complimentary amenities and that your room was spacious.

I hope that if your traveling needs ever bring you through again you will stay with us again.

Thank you again for your comments.

Sales Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Korean first
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

Really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It was in a convenient location, although as others have mentioned, it is not exactly near the Pier. We had no problems taking the bus to the Pier though so it wasn't really an issue. The rooms were clean and we enjoyed spending time in the pool after a day at the beach.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank its-me4
GMCA430, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Santa Monica, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback and for your business. Our entire team works very hard to maintain a clean and comfortable hotel and we are glad you enjoyed our large outdoor swimming pool. We look forward to having you back again some time!

texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

For our family visit to Santa Monica, this motel was just fine. It is older, but the rooms were clean and comfortable. The rates were more affordable than most of the other properties in the area. It is a couple of miles from the beach, but we learned from the helpful front desk staff that we could take the bus for $1. We did that and were grateful for the tip because the parking lot at the beach was full when we arrived. The pool at the motel was clean and the breakfast which was included in our stay was adequate for what we needed.. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank krtex
Dear guest,

It is great to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you very much for your kind words. We hope to see you again soon!

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

An employee that wouldn't tell me her name which I found on my receipt jcalde.ca430 was very rude to me and my mother. Treated like 3rd class citizen. Talking down to us because we showed up 5 mins late for breakfast. Hotel is old and needs updating. Staff could use some training. Carpet was worn and dirty.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank savtravelers
Dear guest,

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay with us. I am very concerned to hear about your encounter with one of our staff members. It is extra alarming because your comment states the clerk was jcalde, which would be me. I would like you to know that I would never talk down to a guest and do not recall speaking to anyone about being late for breakfast. Also, my full name is on my name tag, which I always have on. Unfortunately, sometimes I am logged into the computer but am not the actual person using it, so this might be where the confusion comes in. Regardless of who it was, this is not acceptable, and on behalf of our entire team, I would like to sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding or mistreatment's you received.

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention, I will be sure to look into it further to ensure this type of incident does not happen in the future.

Kind regards,

Travelers are raving about these Santa Monica hotels

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

This is not a luxury hotel, but it is clean, comfortable and run by very pleasant people. The room was well kept, the grounds were well maintained, the pool was absolutely adequate. Considering the prices of hotels in the Santa Monica area, this Comfort Inn also offers really reasonable rates. The breakfasts are okay, though there is no awareness of the needs of a vegan or even a true vegetarian -- they had scrambled eggs that were cooked in bacon fat, and there was no soy milk; but that, too, was absolutely adequate. I have paid a lot more for a lot less value, and I was very satisfied with my stay at this Comfort Inn.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Carla,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Your comments are gratefully accepted and we welcome you back the next time you are in town.

Miami, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Spent one night here while visiting LA to stay closer to Santa Monica Beach/pier. Like a previous review said, this is a couple miles from beach, don't expect to walk there from the hotel.
The hotel itself is not fancy, it has outdoor corridors and offers free parking, fast food is right across the street.
Hotel offers free breakfast; waffles, cereals, bagels, etc.

The room was spacious and clean and the bathroom was on the larger side too. Basic amenities but clean.

The one thing that is bothersome is that this hotel will charge your card BEFORE you arrive and BEFORE the cancellation time they state. I was on the beach and the alert for the charge went thru like at 2pm. As I use a different card to book than to pay when I get there, they threaten to cancel my reservation if i wouldn't pay BEFORE I arrived at the hotel. Needless to say it was a hassle trying to take care of this while biking the beach and worrying if there will be no room once you arrive to check in. For this fact alone, I would NOT recommend that anyone book here if you plan on arriving after the check in time. The front desk clerk basically said that if I didnt pay he wold cancel the reservation. Most hotels i have ever stayed at don't charge you until the next morning or a missed reservation assuming you don't show up. Just a weird policy IMO.

other than that, the hotel is within walking distance of a few strip malls with places to eat and also easy car drive to 3rd street promenade and PCH and pier.

Room Tip: Second floor seems best as breakfast is served in a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and plan to use it towards the continuation of improvements for future guests.

I would like to address the issue you experienced in regards to the hotel charging your credit card before you arrived. We do require a valid credit card to hold rooms and since we are usually sold out, we are required to authorize the credit card on the day of your arrival. This usually happens in the early afternoon because this allows us to either contact the guest to inform them or cancel any reservations with invalid credit cards by our cancellation deadline of 6:00pm. I sincerely apologize for any misunderstandings regarding this issue and please be assured this matter has been addressed.

Again, I truly appreciate your review and hope you will consider giving us another chance the next time you visit the area.

Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed here for four nights to attend a school reunion, and found it to be excellent value. The rooms are clean. I asked for a quiet room and got a room that opened onto a closed courtyard only accessible to those with keys. It was away from traffic and very quiet for sleeping. The courtyard has tables and chairs where many people have their breakfast or gather to chat so you will hear conversations in the morning and occasionally throughout the day, tho. I felt quite safe there. Plenty of free parking. The bed was extremely comfortable. The pillows were fantastic - nice and plump and fresh - I would stay there just for the pillows. You get two firm pillows and two soft. There was a fridge, microwave and coffeemaker in the room. A full, hot breakfast is included in the price of the room. There is a swimming pool, tho I didn't use it. No restaurant on the premises, but there are several restaurants across the street and Starbucks a couple of blocks away. Oodles of restaurants a five-minute drive away. The neighborhood seems safe. I saw several people out walking their dogs in the evening around suppertime, including a couple of older women by themselves. It is not particularly close to the beach - about a 10 minute drive or a half-hour walk. About a 15-minute drive from UCLA. The only knocks are that the wallpaper in the room was peeling a bit by one of the baseboards and the air conditioning was extremely noisy. Fortunately it cools down enough at night there that you don't really need the AC if you cool the room down before you go to bed.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Marigoldmunchkin
GMCA430, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Santa Monica, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear guest,

I am very pleased you enjoyed your recent experience, and thank so much for your kind words. It is great to hear you found our bedding extremely comfortable because we recently replaced the mattresses, comforters, and pillows.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon.