“Clean, quiet, safe, free parking, reasonable rate”

Comfort Inn Santa Monica
Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Santa Rosa, California
“Clean, quiet, safe, free parking, reasonable rate”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed here for four nights to attend a school reunion, and found it to be excellent value. The rooms are clean. I asked for a quiet room and got a room that opened onto a closed courtyard only accessible to those with keys. It was away from traffic and very quiet for sleeping. The courtyard has tables and chairs where many people have their breakfast or gather to chat so you will hear conversations in the morning and occasionally throughout the day, tho. I felt quite safe there. Plenty of free parking. The bed was extremely comfortable. The pillows were fantastic - nice and plump and fresh - I would stay there just for the pillows. You get two firm pillows and two soft. There was a fridge, microwave and coffeemaker in the room. A full, hot breakfast is included in the price of the room. There is a swimming pool, tho I didn't use it. No restaurant on the premises, but there are several restaurants across the street and Starbucks a couple of blocks away. Oodles of restaurants a five-minute drive away. The neighborhood seems safe. I saw several people out walking their dogs in the evening around suppertime, including a couple of older women by themselves. It is not particularly close to the beach - about a 10 minute drive or a half-hour walk. About a 15-minute drive from UCLA. The only knocks are that the wallpaper in the room was peeling a bit by one of the baseboards and the air conditioning was extremely noisy. Fortunately it cools down enough at night there that you don't really need the AC if you cool the room down before you go to bed.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Marigoldmunchkin
GMCA430, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Santa Monica, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear guest,

I am very pleased you enjoyed your recent experience, and thank so much for your kind words. It is great to hear you found our bedding extremely comfortable because we recently replaced the mattresses, comforters, and pillows.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon.

Sales Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Korean first
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in May2014. The front desk was helpful explaining how the bus service worked also how to get to the Getty Center which wasn't far. The hotel is old but the rooms clean. The breakfast was fine nothing special. The price was better than other hotels. If you are looking for a hotel near the pier, this would be a good choice.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jeanne,

We truly appreciate your review of our hotel and are glad you found the front desk to be helpful. I know you have many choices, but I hope you will decide to stay with us again on your next visit to Santa Monica!

L.A.
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I reserved this hotel because it said it was near Santa Monica Pier. When I looked at my reservation and wanted to get directions, I see that it is over 2 miles to the pier. That is not "near" in my book.

I canceled my reservation.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank cb222

Travelers are raving about these Santa Monica hotels

Riverside, California
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Nice quiet little place just
from the pier.The king size bed was very comfortable. Wifi. Works great. Parking was little small ,but since we're so close
to the beach not surprising. There's lots of places to eat nearby. Including a Carl's Jr next door.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
GMCA430, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Santa Monica, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Ron,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It's great to hear you found the bed comfortable and the hotel quiet. Our staff works very hard to keep all the rooms clean and comfortable, so it is nice to hear guests are enjoying them.
I hope we will see you again the next time you visit the Santa Monica area. Thanks again!

Best,
Mahone Bay, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2014

The staff at this Comfort Inn are exceptional. They are friendly and very helpful. They even called us long distance at our home in Canada to help us with a problem we are having with our booking agency. That doesn't happen very often at most hotels. The rooms are a good size, not deluxe but very clean and comfortable. They also serve a nice breakfast and the parking is great. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
GMCA430, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Santa Monica, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your 5 star rating! We are truly happy you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be more than helpful. We all do everything possible to make each guests stay enjoyable, so it's great to hear you found the rooms clean and comfortable.
We welcome you back on your next visit to Santa Monica!

Best,
Michigan
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The hotel is fairly close to the pier so the location is good. The room is fairly small and a bit dated but a good value for the price. I probably wouldn't want to stay here for a week but one of two nights is good.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. We appreciate customer comments and use them to improve upon our rooms for future guests to ensure them great accommodations.
We have several size rooms and I would be happy to make sure you received a larger one if you're ever in the Santa Monica area again. If so, please contact me directly so I can be sure you get a larger room.
Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Unfortunately, I missed my flight in Atlanta due to mechanical problems with the tram in route to concourse F the night I was due to stay here in Santa Monica. I contacted them explaining my situation and hoping they would give some type of refund since the prices are ridiculous for one night . The person who answered the phone was pleasant enough but he said the manager had previously said no and was unwilling to give any type of refund. Stuff happens sometimes for reasons we don't know or understand. If anything, there could of been sometype of credit given even if no refund was available just like the airlines. I wouldn't stay here if it was the last place on Earth! ! So buyer Beware..........

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank msecox
GMCA430, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Santa Monica, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Msecox,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on your recent experience. It is unfortunate you weren't given the opportunity to stay at our hotel.

Our cancellation policy is as lenient as we can make it, and due to the hotel being sold out we were unable to cancel your booking after 6:00pm. Although I cannot offer a credit on the no-show charge, I would love to offer you a discount on your next reservation, should you ever come to our area again. Please contact me directly at 310-828-5517 if I can be of assistance to you in the future.