“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Comfort Inn Santa Monica
Ranked #24 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I came here for vacation and chose it for the reviews. It was everything they said. Rooms were very clean, I had plenty of pillows and a soft bed. It had a good hot breakfast, basic eggs, sausage, waffles, doughnuts, and english muffins. Same every morning but still good. Its not too far from the pier it took me 45mins to walk in traffic but only a 10min bus ride. Also same for 3rd street shopping. I also had booked a tour that was late and they called the for company for me to help me and watched for the bus. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Sconn
GMCA430, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Santa Monica, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Sconn,

We appreciate your kind review. I am personally glad your expectations were met during your stay. All the staff here works very hard to keep everything clean and up to all the latest standards in the hotel industry. The front desk always helps out guests with directions or booking local tours, so I am glad you were able to experience a tour of the L.A. area!

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Kind regards,
Jennifer Calderon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

For a budget hotel chain, the hot & cold complimentary breakfast was fresh, well stocked. The servers were friendly and constantly kept the food filled. The general feel of the place is a little tight; however, the two atria with potted tropical plants helped freshen the place. Good free parking. The hotel is conveniently located mid-way between the Santa Monica Beach and UCLA and about 10 miles from LAX. The bus stop is outside the hotel. We took the bus for our local trips.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank drKSG
Dear drKSG,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us an exceptional review. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. We are always improving it by adding additional items, such as sausage, scrambled eggs, and self-serve waffles.

I hope to see you again if you are ever in the Santa Monica area!

Bloomington, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed here for three nights in a room with a queen bed. The room was adequate and had a large closet with mirrored doors along with a refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom was small and the space would have felt crammed if I was not staying alone. Twice during my stay, I needed to have my key reset. Although I never had the problem elsewhere, I was told that I probably did something to demagnetize it. The breakfast was identical for all three days of my stay and not representative of California-- waffle maker with 2 kinds of batter, scrambled eggs, sausage links, cold cereal, donuts, white bread, bagels and English muffins. The fruit was quite disappointing! Santa Monica has 3 farmers markets nearby brimming with delicious fresh fruit and the hotel served apples, bananas and oranges (none of which were sold at the markets).

I have stayed in the Choice hotel chain many times without problems. This property could have done a better job of being clean and comfortable. The neighborhood is okay during the day but lighting at night was insufficient for me to feel safe alone. I chose to opt out of daily maid service. On my final morning, I left for a bit with my bags in the room before checking out. I came back to find the bed made, dirty towels removed (but no cleans ones in their place) and my food missing from the refrigerator. I called the front desk and was told "it's okay to use the room until you check out." YUK! So, the room was partly cleaned. Would it be re-cleaned and the bedding changed for the next guest? I will not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GMCA430, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Santa Monica, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Movinup,

Thank you for your valuable feedback of our hotel. I apologize that you do not feel our place is very clean and comfortable. All our staff works exceptionally hard to keep everything to the highest standards and we are always making improvements on our breakfast items.

In regards to your concern on your check out date. I assure you that the housekeeping cleans the room in its entirety once a guest checks out. All bedding and towels get washed and replaced with new items. I apologize you felt this was not the case.

I do hope you consider giving us another chance should you ever be in the Santa Monica area again.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Warm regards,

Travelers are raving about these Santa Monica hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We came from australia we were early and they allowed us to check in with no extra charge staff were friendly..
Room was a good size and clean plenty of tv channels..
the location is a bit far if you are wanting to tour hollywood and la sights but the tours pick up from the hotel

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Sara19888
Dear Sara19888,
Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a valuable feedback of your experience. I am glad we were able to help you out with an early check in. Our front desk staff tries to be very lenient on early check-ins, so if the room is ready we will always try to accommodate guests.
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope you return if you're ever in Southern California again.

England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed here for two nights at the start of may with friends. We were overall impressed with everything and had no problems during our stay.
The rooms were spacious, clean and had everything that we needed..which was just a comfortable bed and a shower. There were no problems with noise (except maybe the air con unit) and although the rooms are slightly dated, for the price we were happy enough there.
The location is ok to get to most places by the pier in Santa Monica. You can walk in a short amount of time or catch the bus/taxi from right outside. The staff on reception were very helpful with any questions we had so I cant fault them there.
The pool was nice for a cool down on a hot day. There only ever seemed to be a few people in there at one time so cant complain at all.
There are a couple of places to eat and drink within walking distance if you dont feel like going further down the boulevard but there is obviously more choice down there.
Overall, the hotel did its job well and we had no problems! If you need a comfortable budget hotel in Santa Monica then i recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Scuba-Lip
Dear Scuba-Lip,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad that you liked our location. We strive to keep reasonable prices for the Santa Monica area and truly appreciate your honest feedback of our property and location. Please stay with us again on your next trip to Santa Monica!

london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Only stayed for two nights, the hotel staff are very friendly and the rooms are spacious and clean. Our room had the worlds biggest bathroom which was great.
It is around 2 miles to the Pier down Santa Monica Boulevard, however you can get a bus right outside the Motel which is only $1 and takes 5-10mins to the Pier. A taxi back at night is $8.
Breakfast is included and served in a small room at the end of the hotel, there is also a small clean swimming pool.
Overall a good friendly hotel, slightly dated but good value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank serpico651
Dear serpico651,
We are so glad you enjoyed all of our complimentary amenities here at Comfort Inn. Our staff works hard to keep the hotel clean and to provide all guests with helpful information about the area. Please visit us again if you are ever in the area.

Kind regards,
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Staff were great at check in suggesting which beaches to go to, what to see, where to park, etc. breakfast was good and the whole place is very clean. We were lucky enough to get a very big corner room which gave us plenty of space. Main downsides are that the hotel is a little dated and it is a little further from the centre of santa Monica than ideal. But the price reflects this so good budget option for the area

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jakkster67
Dear Jakkster67,

Thank you for the kind review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed breakfast and your stay altogether. Our staff works hard to help out all guests with area information.
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Los Angeles area!