“Neat and Tidy”

Comfort Inn Santa Monica
Ranked #24 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed at Comfort Inn on the 26th and 27th November. The hotel was very neat and tidy. It is a a bit tired and outdated but the beds were comfortable and the room had wifi.

The free breakfast was ok. The hot food did not look all that apetising but the waffles were nice.

The hotel is located too far to walk to the pier or beach but there is a blue bus stop just out the front.

Overall our experience was pleasent and well recieved. I wouldnt however recommend this hotel if you want to stay close to the action of Santa Monica.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Santa Monica

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Good value for being so close to beach. If you go closer to beach price goes way up. There is a city bus that goes to beach or you can drive that only takes 5 minutes. Right next to a carls jr. if you want food and there is a chinese place and a diner across street. Only one parking space per room though. Needs to be renovated but still comfortable and clean. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a room at back seems to be quieter
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I paid for my room (Cash) 2 months ahead of time. Arrived at the hotel and was treated rudely and unprofessional by General Manager Raul Pecaoco. He refused to honor my reservation because I wouldnt give them $100 for incidentals. I kindly took my money to the Days Inn Santa Monica (2 blocks away) and they accepted my money (no incidental charges) without any problems. I also wrote to Jennifer Calderon to voice my displeasure, but never received a call or email in return. This shows how poor their customer service is. If you're ever in Santa Monica, stay at the Days Inn Sata Monica instead. Much friendlier staff and less hassle over petty stuff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bernie S
GMCA430, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Bernie S,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is unfortunate that you were unable to give our property a chance under the circumstances mentioned. I do remember receiving your payment on October 2, 2012, at which time I searched for your email address and, as a courtesy, I wrote to you letting you know I had received the payment and looked forward to your upcoming visit.

It appears there was a misunderstanding regarding incidentals upon arrival. The hotel policy requires any cash paying guests to leave a security deposit of $150.00 or a valid credit card. Unfortunately, we cannot show favoritism towards certain guests, and I do apologize for any inconveniences this has caused you.

Your comments and concerns will definitely be taken into consideration for all future guests. I hope you can accept my sincere apology.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at Comfort Inn Santa Monica on the night of 12th & 13th Nov. When I arrived, the manager on site was very courteous & helpful to check me in. I was escorted to my room with a welcome package. The room has all the nice features: Microwave, hairdryer, & fruit basket. My room is next to a pool. The area is very quiet and secure.

On the following day, the breakfast was a treat. I had hot food & delicious waffles there. The breakfast area is very clean. A very nice attendant is on site to assist all residents. One elderly dropped his coffee & drinks. She immediately clean up the floor & provided him a new plate of food and drinks. I don't see that in other inns.

Comfort Inn is right on the Santa Monica BLVD. It is within distant to Santa Monica Promenade and beach walks. Alternatively, visitors can take the blue bus or metro buses to Downtown LA or Santa Monica Promenade for 2 dollars a ride. Surely you can drive around L.A., but there is no better way to discover West L.A. then simply taking the bus ride. It has a stop right next to the Comfort Inn Santa Monica.

Thus, Comfort Inn has all amenities which give residents a sense of luxury for affordable price, but also it offers great hospitality with the sense of "feel- like home". It is right on santa monica blvd. which offers great access to the most of the attraction points in West L.A. Surely, it is a place you don't want to miss.

Room Tip: location location location
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Shaun Fon T
GMCA430, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Shaun Fon T,

Your kind review is greatly appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to leave your valuable input. We hope you will visit us again soon here at Comfort Inn Santa Monica!

Regards,

Reviewed November 19, 2012

After leaving Monterrey we headed down to Santa Monica. The Comfort Inn is convenient to everything and the front desk staff were exceptionally nice. Upon checking in, we were presented with a "gift" bag containing a handy map, wonderful hand cream, a granola bar, and, my favorite, dark chocolate. That was such a lovely gesture. The room was a bit on the small side but, for our one night stay, it was fine.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PghScottygirl

Dear PghScottygirl,

Thank you for our exceptional review. We love getting feedback regarding our friendly staff and the new welcome gift bag, which is provided to all Choice Privilege members. I hope you stay with us again in the near future!

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed here four nights for a mini vacation. It is not within walking distance of the beach or the museums so you will need a car(I can't imagine visiting la without a car). The rooms are clean. The staff is helpful and the price was very good compared to alternatives in the city. It could use better mattresses but probably unlikely at this price point. It is on a very busy street but most rooms face an inner courtyard and are shielded from the street noise. We found a gem of a restaurant within walking distance - Le petite cafe on Colorado st.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
GMCA430, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

November 14, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. It is great to hear you found our staff to be helpful and the rooms clean. We really appreciate your feedback and hope you return on your next visit to Santa Monica.

Director of Sales

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I thought this room was a good value. I found the staff to be very helpful. It had everything we needed. It was a little further than we expected from the pier but was an easy drive. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

November 14, 2012

Dear Eileen_J555,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We strive in maintaining good value and excellent customer service. Our staff looks forward to serving you on your next visit to Santa Monica!

Regards,