“Breathtaking views, awesome location and amazing staff!”

Huntley Santa Monica Beach
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Los Angeles, California
“Breathtaking views, awesome location and amazing staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Everything about my stay at the Huntley was amazing!! Starting from the gentleman who took my reservation (Carlos I believe his name was) to the front desk agents (Monica and Akemi) who accentuated the style and beauty that the Huntley has to offer.

The location of the Huntley couldn't be in a better place. Walking distance from the beach, the promenade (outdoor mall), bars and all of the best restaurants in Santa Monica. The views of Santa Monica and the ocean that our room provided were absolutely breathtaking to say the least. 10/10 would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of visiting Santa Monica; of course ask for Carlos in reservations to assist in making your reservations and there's no way you can go wrong!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south west corner have the better views but can be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Huntley Hotel S, Hotelier Consultant at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Omar C,
We are so pleased that we have exceeded your expectations. Starting with Carlos who assisted you with your room reservations, followed by Monica and Akemi at the Front desk, you were truly receiving our Huntley style of service excellence. Our staff understands the importance of meeting our guests demands and expectations for which they deserve. Our guests arrive with anticipation and depart with an adventure to be remembered. We look forward to your return when your travels brings you to Sunny Santa Monica Beach. With our sincere appreciation Omar for your business.
Tim Lee - Hotelier Consultant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
Paramus, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Okay, whoops. We assumed there was a pool but there isn't. Having said that, we loved the top floor lounge - great vibe, good drinks.
Location is perfect for whatever you want to do. The rooms (renovated?) were really lovely. I would stay there again if I were in Santa Monica. Went with girlfriends.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Huntley Hotel S, Hotelier Consultant at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear bckathleen1982,
Thank you for staying with us and we are pleased that you will be returning. We are excited to share with you that we will be upgrading and refurbishing our guest rooms soon. The Huntley Santa Monica Beach truly, has the very best location and walking distance to all shops, restaurants, SM Beach and just 1 block from the ever popular 3rd Street Promenade. With our sincere appreciation for your business. Tim Lee - Hotelier Consultant
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Luxurious bedroom but no bathtub.
Helpful staff, excellent food, unbeatable location.
Two pillowcases were stained, but that's OK there were five pillows and I have only one head.
There is no toothpaste provided, not convenient if you have no checked in luggage and can't carry much liquids. They sell it in the shop in the lobby.
There is no "master switch" in the room - or a slot to put the keycard to turn the electricity on, so I go through the 3 or 4 switches every time I come and go.
The sockets are typical US sockets, most luxury hotels now have "international" sockets where every worldwide appliance can be plugged.
2 elevators for 19 floors and a busy night bar are not enough.
It's a good hotel though.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear misccold,
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate you sharing your experience. The Huntley is truly situated in the best location, close to everything in Santa Monica Beach. We do apologize about the stained pillowcases. Toothbrush Kits are available by contacting Housekeeping. i have made a note in your personal profile to always place two (2) sets of Dental Kits in your room prior to all future visits. We are excited to share with you that we will soon start our guest room refurbishment program which will include lots of upgrades like you have suggested. We look forward to welcoming you back. Our sincere appreciation for your business. Tim Lee - Hotel Consultant
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

The hotel is beautiful and in a really good location – just blocks from the beach, great shopping, and dining. The views from the Penthouse bar and restaurant are stunning. But that bar gets CRAZY! I got little to no sleep due to the party people coming and going at all hours of the morning both nights that I stayed here. One night I ended up waiting through two crowds of people who were going to the bar, just so I could get up to my room. On that topic, it doesn't seem to be very safe that there is no key card access to any of the guest room floors. Anyone who wants to get to any of the floors is free to at any time. Basically, I didn't feel very safe or happy to be in this hotel. When I checked out and was asked how my stay was, I told them that it was very loud and hard to sleep. The woman at the desk just said, oh yeah, probably just people leaving the bar. I sure didn't feel like they cared about me as a guest. And it's NOT a cheap hotel for them to treating guests that way. Overall, I was disappointed. At least, the hotel is located in a good area.

I got an “ocean view room” which was sort of a misnomer. It was really a view of a parking lot and if you looked to the right you could see the ocean. It should have been called an “Ocean view bathroom”, because the view from my bathroom was stunning. The room was very clean and the cleaning staff did a great job. The décor was beautiful and the room size was just about right for me, alone. Unfortunately, for the money, I would choose a different hotel next time I’m visiting Santa Monica.

Room Tip: Do NOT get a room close to the stairs, or under the bar/restaurant. Perhaps one of the lower levels...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Huntley Hotel S, Hotelier Consultant at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Meadow N,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the size and decor of our guest rooms and the service from our Housekeeping staff. We do apologize about the noise coming from our Penthouse Restaurant & Lounge, which is the most popular place of all Santa Monica Beach. We hope you will give us another opportunity and please contact me personally so that I may ensure your stay is perfect. Tim Lee-Hotelier Consultant
herts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Writing this at 3.30 am having been kept awake all night.
Check in was not great as a solo traveller I asked about walking along the beach and where the kitch small boutiques and shops are .... A quick scribble on a map with little info was interrupted by a fellow traveller who have great advice and help.

The decor is cheap. You can almost hear the carpets cackle from the high nylon content

The beach view is a joke. Great view of car park and turn head to side to see view.

Small room. No tub. Nicely decorated.

Rooftop restaurant loud noisy and overrated.

And then tonight woken endlessly by party people and spent last hour trying to get someone to shut up the folks next door as I can here every single word -among other things.

Walls are paper thin.

The manager on duty sent security 3 times and only when I "offered" to go myself did he do anything.

Hoping to check out tomorrow.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank angiejess
Huntley Hotel S, Hotelier Consultant at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear angiejess,
We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations, which you expect and deserve. Our Night Manager was fully aware of your calls on the overnight shift. We hope you will find a place to call home when your travels brings you to Santa Monica Beach. Thank you for your stay with us.
Tim Lee - Hotelier Consultant
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed here over Valentine's Day Weekend. The hotel was beautiful and the location is great. It is walking distance to all the attractions in Santa Monica. The room however was very small and really not worth $379, but for being California and the location, I guess it is common. The restaurant at the hotel is very good and it has a beautiful view of Santa Monica.
The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Huntley Hotel S, Hotelier Consultant at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear moyanomaya,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we are pleased that your stay will be one to be remembered. The Huntley Santa Monica Beach truly has the best location, close proximity to 3rd Street Promenade, restaurants, shops, beach and the iconic Santa Monica Pier. This is why our many loyal guests keep returning! We look forward welcoming you back and we thank you sincerely for your business. Tim Lee - Hotelier Consultant
Auckland Central, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed in this hotel in Santa Monica. It's gorgeous!! And it's one street back from the beach and one street before the Third Street Promenade (fantastic shopping!)
The hotel is very stylish, the rooms are modern and clean and the beds are comfortable. We got a suite that overlooks Santa Monica Beach. Beautiful.
They don't have interconnecting rooms though so our friend and son had to stay a couple of doors down, not that it bothered us!
The little gift store next to the lobby has great bakery items to go and they make excellent coffee.
The top floor restaurant and bar is stunning and the food and service match it.
I love this hotel and will continue to stay there when I'm in town.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the beach.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JJLuvsHotels
Huntley Hotel S, Hotelier Consultant at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear JJLuvsHotels,
Thank you for your loyalty with us! The property is truly situated in one of the best locations, just
a block away from the popular 3rd Street Promenade, walking distance to the iconic Pier, Santa Monica Beach, restaurants and shops! By the way, Auckland, New Zealand was my favorite place I had the pleasure to live.You are so fortunate to be living there! We look forward to your return and we thank you very much for your return business. Cheers! Tim Lee - Hotelier Consultant