“Good hotel. Great staff.”

Huntley Santa Monica Beach
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
“Good hotel. Great staff.”
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

I live in LA and because of that I've been to or stayed at pretty much every notable hotel in town. My most recent stay at the Huntley was a staycation cause I felt like being close to the beach.
Now I've been to the restaurant atop the Huntley called The Penthouse many times (good food) and walking through the lobby I enjoyed the decor (white, clean, modern) but until I actually got a room at the hotel did I realize that they have a really exceptional staff.
The standout for me was at the front desk. I believe she's the manager and her name is Melissa. She was super polite, helpful, informative and made the weekend my girlfriend and I spent at the Hintley memorable.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Dory B
Huntley Hotel S, Manager at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Dory B,

It was a priviledge to serve you at the Huntley Santa Monica Beach. We are delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and hope you will visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
North Wales, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I loved stopping at The Huntley Hotel, I was welcomed by friendly staff, my room was perfect, lovely views, and housekeeping excellant, clean towels and shower every day top class service. The
locations is perfect, near to third street, and just across the road to the front Park. I visited the Senior Centre, which was very friendly too, I had coffee and books/papers to read. David the Manager, also John & Elizabeth where very attentive The Penthouse for Breakfast, once again Perfect, a beautiful view. When I next visit Santa Monica I will make sure I stop at The Huntley Hotel, a really great trip.
Hazel from Wales UK.

Room Tip: My room was 1002 very good room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Hazel P
Huntley Hotel S, Manager at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Hazel P,

On behalf of the entire management and staff of the Huntley Santa Monica Beach, we want to thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting Santa Monica. We are delighted to hear you had such a positive experience and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed at the hotel in August. Two adults and two daughters. Service was on the whole pretty good, hard to find fault with the check in and concierge services. We had originally intended to book a twin and a double but probably due to a fault of ours, we ended up with two doubles. But the hotel changed the rooms without any fuss, with the new room being much larger. The concierge was particularly helpful in this respect. Rooms were clean with decent views of the beach. My only criticism is that for a hotel of this size and cost, you would have expected a pool. We were directed to a place 15 minutes away which it cost extra to use.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear gco21,

Thank you for your feedback! It was a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us and we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
NJ
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed there Labor Day weekend with my boyfriend & 2 friends. (Ages 35-40) From the moment we walked in, we were impressed. They allowed us to check in early (quite early, it was maybe 11:30am), and even had the flowers ready in the room (as my bf requested to my surprise.) *Flowers were ordered from an outside source, but coordinated with hotel.
Service was excellent, room was very nice, roomy... only we had a problem with the toilet. They sent someone up to fix it, but it never did work properly. Front desk was helpful and kind with directions and restaurant recommendations.
Lobby was very beautifully and tastefully decorated, and the "Penthouse" (lounge) was just as popular as everyone had told us. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, we didn't get one when we requested it, but I would imagine the view is...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntley Hotel S, Manager at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear RoseOfMexico,

It was such a pleausre to serve you at the Huntley Santa Monica Beach! We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and look foward to welcoming you back again soon!
Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is a lovely hotel: bright, modern,clean and the service was excellent. The rooms are spacious and we had a wonderful view over Santa Monica and the ocean.
However, it was noisy at night. We were offered a 17th floor room at the top of the hotel. Great views but above is the restaurant which was undergoing renovation. After they closed about midnight were were kept awake until 3.30 am by the sound of moving furniture. A disturbed night after a 12 hour flight from New Zealand. The reception should have warned us and we would have taken a lower floor

Room Tip: avoid 17th floor due to noisy restaurant
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jonathan H
Huntley Hotel S, Manager at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear jonohud,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good nights rest while staying with us. We are sharing your comments with our staff as we take our guests feedback very seriously. We will ensure you will be away from the restaurant for future visits. We hope you will give us another opportunity and consider us for your next visit to Santa Monica.
uk
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Nice hotel with one of the very very best locations in Santa Monica. Expensive but that is typical for the area.

Room and bathroom were of a good standard. Housekeeping was the best I've experienced. Restaurant/bar on the top floor has amazing views and good food although also expensive. The decor is very stylish but is showing it's age and needs refurbished soon. Main gripe with the hotel is lack of amenity spaces. No swimming pool, or balconies. They should get rid of the ground floor car park used for valet and turn it into a pool.

Parking is expensive so suggest using one of the many multi-story public car parking nearby. Very cheap.

Friday and Saturday nights are a serious issue for noise from the top floor bar if on one of the high floors. Literally pounding until late.

Room Tip: High up, north facing but not directly below the 17th floor bar is best.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntley Hotel S, Manager at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear KernalUk,

It was a privledge to serve you at the Huntley Santa Monica Beach. We pride ourserlves in having one of the lowest prices for overnight parking in Santa Monica at $30 whereas other establishments are at $35-$45 per night. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We spent two nights in the Huntley Hotel, it was wonderful! Very modern, extremely clean and the staff was great. I would definitely recommend this hotel. L.A. on the other hand was crazy, I have never seen traffic like that in my life and probably would never go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear barox713,

It was a great pleasure to have you stay with us at the Huntley Santa Monica Beach! We are delighted you had such a wonderful time and we hope you will visit us again soon!