“Beautiful hotel with great service!”

Huntley Santa Monica Beach
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed there Labor Day weekend with my boyfriend & 2 friends. (Ages 35-40) From the moment we walked in, we were impressed. They allowed us to check in early (quite early, it was maybe 11:30am), and even had the flowers ready in the room (as my bf requested to my surprise.) *Flowers were ordered from an outside source, but coordinated with hotel.
Service was excellent, room was very nice, roomy... only we had a problem with the toilet. They sent someone up to fix it, but it never did work properly. Front desk was helpful and kind with directions and restaurant recommendations.
Lobby was very beautifully and tastefully decorated, and the "Penthouse" (lounge) was just as popular as everyone had told us. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, we didn't get one when we requested it, but I would imagine the view is...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntley Hotel S, Manager at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear RoseOfMexico,

It was such a pleausre to serve you at the Huntley Santa Monica Beach! We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and look foward to welcoming you back again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,371)

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is a lovely hotel: bright, modern,clean and the service was excellent. The rooms are spacious and we had a wonderful view over Santa Monica and the ocean.
However, it was noisy at night. We were offered a 17th floor room at the top of the hotel. Great views but above is the restaurant which was undergoing renovation. After they closed about midnight were were kept awake until 3.30 am by the sound of moving furniture. A disturbed night after a 12 hour flight from New Zealand. The reception should have warned us and we would have taken a lower floor

Room Tip: avoid 17th floor due to noisy restaurant
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathan H
Huntley Hotel S, Manager at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear jonohud,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good nights rest while staying with us. We are sharing your comments with our staff as we take our guests feedback very seriously. We will ensure you will be away from the restaurant for future visits. We hope you will give us another opportunity and consider us for your next visit to Santa Monica.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Nice hotel with one of the very very best locations in Santa Monica. Expensive but that is typical for the area.

Room and bathroom were of a good standard. Housekeeping was the best I've experienced. Restaurant/bar on the top floor has amazing views and good food although also expensive. The decor is very stylish but is showing it's age and needs refurbished soon. Main gripe with the hotel is lack of amenity spaces. No swimming pool, or balconies. They should get rid of the ground floor car park used for valet and turn it into a pool.

Parking is expensive so suggest using one of the many multi-story public car parking nearby. Very cheap.

Friday and Saturday nights are a serious issue for noise from the top floor bar if on one of the high floors. Literally pounding until late.

Room Tip: High up, north facing but not directly below the 17th floor bar is best.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntley Hotel S, Manager at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear KernalUk,

It was a privledge to serve you at the Huntley Santa Monica Beach. We pride ourserlves in having one of the lowest prices for overnight parking in Santa Monica at $30 whereas other establishments are at $35-$45 per night. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We spent two nights in the Huntley Hotel, it was wonderful! Very modern, extremely clean and the staff was great. I would definitely recommend this hotel. L.A. on the other hand was crazy, I have never seen traffic like that in my life and probably would never go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear barox713,

It was a great pleasure to have you stay with us at the Huntley Santa Monica Beach! We are delighted you had such a wonderful time and we hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I was pretty iffy in LA.. After a terrible flight in from Vegas I arrived at this hotel.. I was in heaven!! Staff were professional and made sure that I was ok. They checked me in early.. Offered me advice on places to walk to like the Santa Monica pier.. Or the third street promenade.. The staff would ask if i need any transportation anywhere and even though I had it already booked it was still appreciated.. A big mention needs to go to the concierge Elizabeth. After I found that my travel agent forgot to book a shuttle to universal studios and back Elizabeth went out of her way to sort that out for me.. Oh and the food is amazing!!! The rooms are clean and huge!!!!! Just awesome

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Huntley Hotel S, Manager at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear Brooke B,

On behalf of the entire management and staff, it was a pleasure to serve you at the Huntley Santa Monica Beach! We are so pleased you had such an enjoyable stay with us and look foward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I usually love hotels with ocean views. This hotel is one hip-hopping place, with the beautiful of LA visiting the Penthouse upstairs.

In general, it's extremely convenient to the beaches, being only a block away, close to the 3rd street Promenade and the Santa Monica Pier. I'll say that the valet parking, and the people at the front desk were very nice and helpful.

The room itself leaves something to desire. It's extremely musty, and there's mold in the air duct coming into the room. Furthermore, there's just missing things like a robe, etc. The furniture has dents? Really, for a 4 star hotel, you have dents? It's so absolutely easy to get hurt.

The bed itself was soft, and the pillows were like marshmallows. Ugh ... I haven't slept that poorly in years. In short, the hotel really wasn't up to a standard I would expect when you're paying $350 a night.

Room Tip: If you can, get a high up room. Santa Monica gets noisy on the weekend.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yellow_Mzungu
Huntley Hotel S, Manager at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Yellow_Mzungu,

Thank you for your comments. The comfort of our beds is the most popular and much liked by our guests and we're sorry to hear you did not feel same. Please rest assured we have no mold in our rooms from our A/C. After reviewing the room from your past stay, we found that there is discoloration from the airflow of the A/C. We are currently repainting the walls surrounding the A/C grills. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you the service for which we are known for.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

The Huntley Santa Monica Beach is an absolutely fabulous place to stay. My mother and I were driving back to Los Angeles from Arkansas and had been in the car for over 12 hours the day we arrived. We were exhausted but felt at ease from the moment the valet greeted me with a smile and ushered me inside; taking care of the luggage from habit not request. He asked my name upon arrival and I was greeted by name for the duration of my stay. Small touches like that make all the difference.

Check in was quick and welcoming. My mother and I went to our room and laid down on some of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on. The view of the beach and city of Santa Monica is fantastic and the sunset that evening was breathtaking. The room itself was immaculate and pristine.

The hotel was just a short walk from the beach so that was a convenient feature we took full advantage of. The hotel amenities in the bathroom was also wonderful. I liked their shampoo better than my own!

The top floor of the hotel houses the hotels crown jewel. The Penthouse restaurant. The food is absolutely unparalleled and the service was flawless. Although a bit pricy the food was certainly worth the money. Dinner with an exquisite view being on the 18th floor overlooking the ocean.

I can't speak higher of my overall experience. I will absolutely never stay anywhere else when my travels take me to Santa Monica.

Room Tip: This hotel doesn't have any "bad" rooms. No matter which side you find yourself you ha...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear WICKIDD,

Thank you so much for your feedback! It was such a pleasure to have you and your mom stay with us. We are delighted you had such a wonderful stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!