“Beautiful public areas but rooms are over-priced”

Huntley Santa Monica Beach
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Durham, United Kingdom
“Beautiful public areas but rooms are over-priced”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed here and were wowed by the exterior and lobby on arrival. However, our room was a bit disappointing. It was big, but seemed half empty and could have done with a table/chairs to fill in the wasted space. It was an expensive place to stay and I wouldn't go back. The location is good if you want to be in Santa Monica, but I've stayed in much more interesting LA neighbourhoods and won't go back here. I was hoping to get some good photos from the top floor restaurant, but felt very unwelcome when I went up to get some and ended up not bothering.

Room Tip: Stay in Venice!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank Letmetravel!
Huntley Hotel S, Manager at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback! We truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know your experience. We rely on our valued guest comments to continue to improve and we hope to welcome you back to the Huntley again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Paris, France
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 12 nights while on a business trip to Santa Monica. I loved everything - the location is optimal, the room was okay and the view incredible. Having breakfast on the penthouse every morning was a very pleasant way to start the day. Staff is helpful anf efficient, esp. Orlando who always got out of the way to make sure i could get in a cab on time.
Would higly recommend.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback! We are delighted that you had such a positive experience while staying with us. We look very forward to welcoming you back to the Huntley again soon!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2012

This is a pretty cool hotel. I'd say that we grew to love our room rather than instantly fell for it. When we walked in, the room itself (a deluxe king) looked a little jaded and lacked some of the sparkle that is to be found in the lobby or Penthouse floor. It felt more Sheraton than boutique and the sofa in particular was shabby. However, the room was large the bed was really comfortable and the bathroom was huge, so by the time we checked out we both agreed it had been a good place to stay. On top of all that (literally) the Penthouse was an amazing place to have breakfast. Great views and great people watching. Recommended.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vegas_Colada
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Huntley and we could not be happier with our choice. We had a room on the 17th floor and many reviews complained of the noise from the restaurant/bar upstairs. While we could hear some commotion, it certainly did not keep us up at night. The service was exceptional, every member of the staff went above and beyond to accommodate and were all incredibly friendly and helpful. The beds are fantastic, the views are amazing, and the perfect location. A short walk to 3rd street promenade and the beach. Worth every penny.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntley Hotel S, Manager at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 24, 2012 via mobile

I love staying at the Huntley, I stay there about 4 times a year. The food is great and the views from the Penthouse restaurant are amazing. Beds are to die for comfortable, and I've always had a really big room. Location couldn't be better, close to the beach and 3rd st promenade so lots of food and entertainment and shopping options. The little shop in the foyer is great for grabbing a quick coffee and snack. Even though I usually stay for business, when I took a personal vacation to LA I still chose the Huntley.

Stayed March 2012
2 Thank rdehavil
Huntley Hotel S, Manager at Huntley Santa Monica Beach, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm so happy to hear that you had a great experience with us and we look very forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Surrey
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We stayed here while visiting our son and used it as a base. Lovely location, rooms good, but apart from the restaurant/bar there is really nothing for guests. Maybe I'm too used to European hotels.The food in the restaurant was good, but the noise levels there were awful. I suppose it's ok if you are younger, but we couldn't hear each other speak! An expensive hotel, with expensive parking, but I guess you are paying for the location.
Breakfast in the restaurant gave some lovely views over the sea and was a bit more peaceful than the evenings!
Good hotel for a couple of nights.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 2, 2012

To start off, I'm glad my company paid for it. The room was nice, but the bathroom was very small and the shower didn't drain. To avoid flooding the entire room, I had to shower as fast as possible. The walls were thick, so I didn't hear my neighbors, but the windows were not. I could every business in the alley dragging their trashcans out in the morning. I enjoyed my stay, but I don't think its worth the price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. It's through our valued guest comments that we can continue to improve. We hope to welcome you back to the Huntley again soon!