Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$198
Priceline$198
Hotels.com$198
eDreams$198
CheapTickets$198
Orbitz.com$198
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2019

Stayed with parents. Very good for family. Good equipped kitchen. Great location, steps to the ocean in the heart of Santa Monica.Very friendly stuff. We came from Canada and I wrote in advance that we will come before check-in. Room was ready and theyallow us to check-in earlier. Thank you!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Samuel578, Manager at Cal Mar Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2019

Thank you for the amazing review! Our staff tries extremely hard to ensure our guests have a great stay. We are happy that we were able to accomplish that during your stay with us. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed April 10, 2019

We stayed at Cal Mar Hotel over sprig break with 2 adults and 4 young kids and the hotel was perfect for a large family. The room we had is more like an apartment with a huge living, bathroom and private bedroom. It is a great location only a couple blocks to the main street and the paths that leads down to the beach. The quality of the rooms is super outdated so if you are expecting the quality of a 3 or 4 star hotel this is not the place for you but for us it was perfect and practical and affordable. The pool is decent for what it is and the kids loved it. Really our only complaint was that it seems the Santa Monica garbage trucks picks up garbage around the build EVERY morning so with the paper thin windows we were woken up every morning we were there about 7:00 by the garbage truck. Overall I would highly recommend it!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank KyleB654

Thank you for the review! Our staff tries extremely hard to ensure our guests have a great stay. We are happy that we were able to accomplish that while you were here with us. We appreciate the feedback regarding our décor and morning noise coming from the garbage, we will keep your comments in mind to further improve our guest experience. We are currently seeking out solutions. Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed April 7, 2019

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights as we wanted to see something of the area following a cruise. I decided on Cal Mar as it appeared to suit our requirements. I was not disappointed in that despite having some dated features it was very handily placed and spotlessly clean. Despite other reviews I did not find the pool dirty nor was any part of the room(more like apartment ! ) in anyway shabby. Indeed the living area had a brand new carpet. the shower and kitchen could do with updating but they were perfectly serviceable and as I have said kept spotlessly clean. Reception was staffed by a very nice young lady during the day and she was most helpful in sorting us a taxi to the Airport.There is no lift and yes it is a bit strenuous moving cases to the upper floor but if help is needed I am sure that would be provided.There is no food provided but the breakfast bars are not too far away indeed I'd say a pleasant walk. The kitchen is well appointed if it is your desire to make your own meals. All the local amenities are within walking distance. All in all the Cal Mar is good value for money and I would certainly stay there again.

Date of stay: March 2019
Samuel578, Manager at Cal Mar Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2019

Thank you so much for the amazing review! You have touched on everything our hotel seeks to provide.

All of our suites are fully equipped with a separate kitchenette, living room, bedroom, and bathroom. Our pool is heated (82 degrees Fahrenheit/ 27.7 degrees Celsius) and open for guests to use from 9 am to 9 pm.

We are in a prime location a brisk walk away from shopping at the 3rd street promenade and the Santa Monica Pier.

Our staff tries extremely hard to ensure our guests have a great stay. We are happy that we were able to accomplish that while you were here with us. Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed April 1, 2019

Having stayed here before, I knew all of this. But it is close to everything in Santa Monica, the Promenade, pier, beaches etc. and the value is reasonable. The cost does though escalate with high car parking and internet charges.
The problem for me on this trip was they put me upstairs whereas I had booked courtyard (as I have previously) so that I could stay on the ground level.
With several cases, it became a chore lugging them up many stairs (there is no elevator)

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for your feedback. Our staff tries extremely hard to ensure our guests have a great stay. Courtyard suites are available on both 1st and 2nd floors. We apologize for you not getting your desired room placement as we do our very best to accommodate any special requests prior to check in. Our front desk staff is able and willing to assist with any luggage as needed. Our parking pricing is comparable to similar properties in our area and we feel that we provide good value given our in and out privileges, central location, and facilities. Street parking is available but limited. We appreciate the feedback about our facilities and will use your comments to further improve our guest experience. Thank you again, and we look forward to accommodating you in the future. Don't hesitate to call us with any special requests regarding your next reservation.

Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

Very outdated hotel. Room was big but need for renovation. Very expensive hotel. Nice pics but not reality. Would not go again. No breakfast and quite a walk to nearest food store or breakfast restaurant. Pool was nice but little dirty.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank joun2019