“Lovely hotel in ideal location.”
Review of The Georgian Hotel

The Georgian Hotel
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I stayed at the Georgian for 3 nights with my 15 year old son. The rooms were roomy and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was very cute and looked like it had just been redone. However, the bathrooms are rather small and could really use a towel bar and/or shelf. (The bathroom door lock had been painted over, so it did not lock...this freaked out my son, but he got used to it.) It is an old building with a lot of character. (The sink drained slow, but I did not complain to management...room 505 guys, if you care to fix it.) The ambiance is sort of early Hollywood deco-ish. The beds and room were very comfy. Flat screen TV, which we surprisingly (because I was with a teen ) never even turned on as there was too much good stuff around to spend any time in the room.

The service was excellent. I felt pampered by the front desk, valet and wait staff. A friend who visited me said she could not get over how friendly and "at your service" the staff was. We had breakfast on the lovely front porch overlooking Ocean Blvd. and the ocean. The heaters made this very pleasant, even on a cool morning. The food was good, too...though a little bit pricey as you might expect...but certainly worth it when you consider the view and ambiance. I was surprised more people weren't taking advantage of the setting...breakfast (early on a Sat. morning) was not crowded at all. (Had I been a local, it's the type of place I'd go to with girlfriends for a special get together...what a great way to spend a morning.)

My son felt like royalty staying at such a lovely hotel in such a swank location. The Promenade and Santa Monica Pier were only a couple blocks away. Walking along the beach to Venice takes about an hour and the hotel is right on a bus route. It was a perfect location and a beautiful hotel. I used the hotel valet, but my friend found $10 a day parking practically right next door...at it was only $5 on a Sat.)

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,414)

Reviewed February 21, 2010

I welcome all the reviews I read on Trip Advisor, the good and the bad. Sometime I agree with the bad as well as the good. The Georgian is a great little hotel. The staff is fabulous. The location is spectacular. I go to Santa Monica on business and always wanted to be close to the ocean. I found this hotel online and read Trip Advisor and I was not disappointed.

My first stay was in a suite and it was lovely. The room was very large and very clean. The bathrooms are small, but clean and nice. My second stay was in a King room and just as clean and nice.

The only bad comment I have is the noise in the bathroom. You can hear your neighbors clearly, but not in the rest of the room.

I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2010

This hotel has the most helpful and friendly staff imaginable. Nothing was too much trouble The view from the Ocean view rooms is impressive. Noisy during the day but OK at night with the windows closed. Perfect for sightseeing transport. Excellent restaurants nearby.

Reviewed February 19, 2010

We stayed at the Georgian for a week and could not have been more pleased. There's nothing fancy about this hotel, and it has very few amenities (e.g., no pool, business center). But it's got real charm, a great location, and an incredibly friendly staff. We would definitely come back for another visit. My only complaint is that the free wireless network is pretty slow.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Beautifully preserved, yet updated in all the right places. Friendly, helpful staff took care of all of my needs. Even though I didn't reserve an ocean view room my room had a view of the ocean and Santa Monica pier from one of the beds and the small dining table, which was a fun surprise. The Veranda is a great place to enjoy yummy food while people watching and enjoying the ocean view. Great location across from the beach and a short stroll to the shops and restaurants on 3rd Ave Promenade.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2010

In the midst of a plush and versatile city, the Georgian Hotel stood as a pillar of elegance and grace in Santa Monica. What makes the hotel so distinct is it's vibrant personality and deep history that provides great depth and intricacy to the hotel. The staff provides a fantastic service which augments it's overall notoriety. Great experience!

Reviewed February 16, 2010

We booked 4 nights in an 'ocean view queen' with the bed&breakfast package (which included breakfast and valet parking, cheaper than booking them separately, and probably cheaper than two breakfasts elsewhere), direct with the hotel on internet. Then a few weeks later cancelled and re-booked at a saving of $150 because the rates had changed! We were completely satisfied with the room, the hotel, the service and the location, even though it still seemed expensive to us Brits. The room and bathroom were not huge but plenty adequate for us two. The reception, bar and breakfast waiting staff were polite and helpful (although it's a pity the bar closes at 9:30 pm), the breakfast was ample and good, and being able to take it on the veranda in February was a special delight (for us Brits). The breakfast voucher allowed any of the breakfast options - more than enough choice. The mini-bar was expensive and one of those mean, annoying ones that register automatically when you lift anything out (although we weren't charged for the one thing we lifted and put back.) Internet was free and worked fine and immediately (even on my old Mac). As well as 3rd street shopping, there are some nice eating/drinking bars nearby (Oysterette, Pintxos) and a wholefood supermarket, and of course the beach and the pier. Overall, a great experience.

1  Thank salmoneater