“Charming and Convenient”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New Jersey
“Charming and Convenient”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at The Georgian for a week along with a friend and her daughter. We could not have been more pleased with the hotel or the staff. The hotel itself is charming, rooms were large and comfortable (we each had rooms with two queen beds). Our package included breakfast and parking. Breakfast on the hotel porch was a treat - delicious, plentiful and graciously served. Valet service for getting the car in and out was always quick and pleasant. The location is perfect - just across from the Visitor's Center and the beach, the Santa Monica Pier is about a two block walk, two block walk to the Third Street Promenade and a large shopping mall, surrounded by tons of restaurants - what ever cuisine you are in the mood for - it's pretty much walkable. The staff was absolutely top notch - cheerful and helpful with every request. Not being from the area, we had many questions and asked for recommendations - all staff were patient and happy to assist with directions, suggesting restaurants , etc... I don't know the names of the front desk staff - but all were wonderful. Concerning breakfast on the terrace - special thanks to Mehta, Placido, and Israel and the rest of the servers - all were cheerful and quick, but never made us feel like we needed to hurry so that they could turn the table. We had an absolutely wonderful stay at this lovely hotel. Highly recommended !

Room Tip: Our room was opposite the elevator, and we did not experience any issues with noise. However, our f...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank E K
GMGeorgianH, Manager at The Georgian Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear E K,

Our staff enjoyed having all of you here with us, you brought out the best in each of us and then some. Our valet, front desk and restaurant teams each received a copy of your review - they are beaming with pride to know that they aided in your wonderful stay with your daughter and friends.

We hope to see you again.

Reservations@GeorgianHotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We have just returned from 3 nights at this hotel. The hotel is very nice and everything we saw was well refurbished in keeping with the Art Deco period. We stayed in a very comfortable, clean, large suite and have no complaints about the facilities. The location of the hotel is very convenient although pricey compared with others. Breakfast on the terrace is lovely -well cooked, tasty and plentiful.
Our big negative to our stay was the staff attitude. With the exception of the bell/valet staff who were polite and helpful, we found the reception staff and breakfast host unwelcoming, bordering on rude. This was the 5th hotel we had stayed in during our 3 week vacation and it was a great shame to end on this note.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LCBen
Dear LCBen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and allowing the opportunity to reply. It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed your suite, our location and the bell/valet staff.

We strive to provide attentive and courteous customer service to all of our guests. I apologize that this was not your experience. Without specifics, I am unable to defend your experience. If you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Richmond, VA
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel is fantastic! Rooms are elegant and clean. Staff attentive. We stayed in a king bed suite and it was very spacious. The staff leaves the next day's weather forecast and chocolates each night. The location is perfect. Beach in front of the hotel and shopping behind it. Plenty of great restaurants in the area. (Try the M Street Kitchen for breakfast-you will be happy you did.) You will need to valet park, which is a little costly with tips if you go in and out, but they bring the car faster than you can get down the elevator. This is a great place to stay. You feel as if you have been someplace special. I will definitely be back...just beautiful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GMGeorgianH, Manager at The Georgian Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear thegoldenmother,

Thank you for enjoying all that The Georgian Hotel and the City of Santa Monica have to offer. It was our pleasure to have you here with us. Don't stay away too long, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed in the Georgian Hotel one night in July. I would rate the stay as just ok. The hotel is right on the beach in Santa Monica which is nice but you pay for it. The room rate is quite expensive given that the hotel is old and in need of an update. The room was clean and the staff were friendly, but I felt that I overpaid.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GMGeorgianH, Manager at The Georgian Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear efleisc,

Thank you for staying with us. Please do not hesitate to contact us when traveling. We do offer value added packages and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Overnight stay. Room was very clean and the staff were friendly. Location was great walking distance to shopping and the beach and pier.
We also had breakfast on the patio which was great.
I really loved looking at all the old photos and reading the history of the hotel. Amazing to think who may have stayed there over the years during its prime in the 1930's.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed at the Georgian for the 2nd time for a quick weekend getaway in April 2013. Everything was just as great this time around, but upon returning home we noticed we had some mini bar charges that we never made. It took close to a month to get it fixed. Each time I called to get the charges reversed, the employee on the phone would assure me that I would see it refunded within a few business days. It took close a month of weekly calls to get it fixed, only for the next person I would speak to tell me there was no record of the last person reversing any charges. While we were there, everything was great, but once you leave, make sure you are monitoring the charges on your card. You may get an unpleasant surprise.
The location is great, restaurant at the hotel has great breakfast and cocktails, plenty of nearby attractions and restaurants... we had a great weekend. Not sure if we would stay here again due to the high price not matching the customer service once you leave.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Solful1,

Thank you for returning to The Georgian. Please accept my sincere apology for the delay in crediting your card. This is certainly not our standard procedure. I do hope that you will reconsider and return, we would like to be a part of another fun weekend.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The sand and surf and all around the pristine location in Santa Monica, make for an exceptionally great vacation. Business or pleasure, couples or families, you just can't really go wrong in this remarkably overpriced, yet, beautiful city. The Georgian Hotel reminded me of what hostels were like back in the olden days. Nice and tiny rooms with paper thin walls, smelling of moth ballish type grandma ish things. I spent most of my time out of there, as I chose to work in the sand and prey for wifi service than to sit around that stuffy lobby with rude staffing and lack of any "aura", overall. I thought to myself, it may have been my lack of comfortable sleep and the cost of parking that dipped into my stock portfolio that had me grumpy. In fact, it was all that, inclusive to the very uppity and catty staff that works there. Seemingly, their twiterbook lives were much more appealing than my need for simple customer service. I admit that it WAS better than being smothered in my sleep by the rooms last month down the street at the Hotel California. However, I should have bought a tent and crashed just steps away among the countless homeless population. Tip the staff in bitcoins if you must tip them to earn their attentions, as clearly they live on social network land, not our real one. Take a very disposable income to get by, as you will need it to park. Should I ever find cause for inspiration to script an overpriced stay while being treated like a leper, I know that the Georgian Hotel, with all of it's cracker boxy feel and self righteous, arrogant staff, will be there for me. As in all things, I find great comfort knowing this.

Room Tip: Pitch a tent across the street with the homeless and maybe you'll sleep better viewing your hote...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sarah M
Dear Sarah M,

Very sorry The Georgian Hotel did not meet your expectations. We are very proud of the service that our staff provides and the historical charm of of our property. Unfortunately you did not appreciate what we have to offer.

Thank you for alloying me to reply to your comments.

Regards,