“Wonderful Stay”

The Georgian Hotel
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Can't say enough about this hotel. Charming, great views from the rooms, great location, nice sized rooms, comfortable beds, fun mini bar, great history, great staff, wonderful veranda where you can have a drink or enjoy wonderful food. It's close to the Santa Monica Pier, so we sat on the veranda to watch the beautiful colors of the Pier and the ferris wheel at night. Mike and the rest of the staff were very friendly and accomodating. Our stay was exceptional and yes, I will stay at the Georgian again!

Room Tip: Stayed in 805. Fun view of the Santa Monica Pier.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank klineann
Write a ReviewReviews (2,415)

Reviewed March 2, 2013

This the second time we stay at This hotel. We highly recommend. It is charming, confortável and well located. We were lucky to have a suite with a beatiful view to the beach. There is a nice veranda were you can sit, relax and have a drink. Very close to Third Street Promenade. It is a good tip.

2  Thank CleoPortoAlegre
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed two days at The Georgian on the recommendation of friends who find it a very good hotel amongst the more (much more) expensive hotels of Santa Monica.
It is perfectly located on Ocean Ave opposite the beach and around the corner from Nordstrom, Bloomingdales and The 3rd Ave pedestrian shops and cafes.
We would definitely stay again but would opt for an oceanview room. Our suite at the back of the hotel was huge, with a separate living area and very big bedroom with king bed. The room was quite dark though. The oceanview rooms would be flooded with light.

Room Tip: Spend a bit extra and opt for an oceanview room. Even in bad weather it would be a bonus as the back...
7  Thank Beaverlea_10
GMGeorgianH, Manager at The Georgian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Beaverlea 10,
Happy to hear that you enjoy our hotel and the spectacular destination of Santa Monica. We look forward to welcoming you back and certain you will not be disappointed with our ocean view suite.
Warm Regards,

Laura W.
Reservations@GeorgianHotel.com

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Great oceanview room. Close to everything . Make sure u understand the valet service. Read about it beforehand so we were prepared and it is nice not to have to worry about parking. We were able to check in right when we got here, a little early bc our room was ready. They will hold your bags if you want to go out exploring before your roon is available.

• Stayed: February 2013
6  Thank lhr762
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed here once before with my husband; this time with my 10 year old daughter for a "girl trip". First and foremost, the rooms are very clean. The staff is friendly and has excellent customer service skills. My daughter wanted to "dine in" so we could relax at the end of our days so we ordered room service a few times. Food was delivered quickly and prepared perfectly. Nice attention to details, the hotel is beautiful and the location is unbeatable. We had a room with an ocean view and were in walking distance to the 3rd Street Promenade. Perfect!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank LikesToBeSpoiled

Dear LikesToBeSpoiled,
Multi-generational memories are being made at The Georgian Hotel. Thank you for sharing your experiences and family with us. Please let us know when you plan to return.
Warm Regards,

Laura W.
Reservations@GeorgianHotel.com

Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife had a recent stay at the Georgian and I called up the hotel to send up a surprise gift basket to her room. The woman I dealt with at the hotel, named Leah, was incredibly helpful and courteous. I had everything set up within a couple of hours. I was very grateful for the wonderful service I received.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Robert C
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Nice hotel, but very poor customer service by manager. I stayed there recently and the hotel doesn't allow you to park your own car. You have to use the valet parking. I had recently picked up my rental car and reviewed it for damage before leaving the rental car company. After I left the hotel, I noticed damage to the car where it looked like someone had scraped the side against something. I had insurance so it was covered but called the manager Umberto to discuss it and see if he could ask the valet parking attendants if they knew anything about what happened. The front desk sent my call to his VM and I left a message but he never returned my call. Clearly, he doesn't care about his customers once they leave the premises. I'll never stay there again. The location is also loud because of street noise.

1  Thank jimberg