The hotel seemed expensive compared with others we stayed in during our California holiday, but this may just reflect the local economy. However, we had a good stay here - the accommodation was comfortable and quiet, the underground parking was useful and the location was great. For the price, they could have included a light breakfast but the IHOP was fine. For anyone else who, like us, consider that more than one IHOP breakfast in a three day stay is enough, there is a great alternative a few blocks down at DKs bakery where you can get hot and cold breakfast croissants and bagels, coffee, donuts and sandwiches. Staff are friendly and helpful. We came here twice for breakfast and bought our lunch at the same time. It's obviously very popular with the locals - usually a good recommendation. Would stay at the hotel again if back in this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel in Santa Monica's Beach Cities burgeoning neighborhood located on historic Route 66 and easy accessibility to all that Los Angeles has to offer! Mid-City Santa Monica The Gateway Hotel is located less than two miles from Santa Monica's beach side, The Santa Monica Pier and pedestrian friendly Third Street Promenade with an array of luxury shopping and dining all within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Best Western, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Gateway Hotel Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Santa Monica
- Santa Monica Best Western