The Best Western Plus in Santa Monica is your average Best Western city hotel. It's quite far from the beach (20 blocks) but there's a bus stop right outside the hotel. The parking at the hotel is free for guests which is great. We were given a room with a connecting door despite the fact that the staff knew we were on our honeymoon. The people next to us were quite loud (or the walls very thin) so that sleep didn't come easy.
The room was spacious and clean, though, and the bathroom, too.
We didn't have breakfast included but ate at the ihop next door which was very good but a little pricey.
Overall, you don't get any bad surprises here (but no good ones either, I guess).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel in Santa Monica's Beach Cities burgeoning neighborhood located on historic Route 66 and easy accessibility to all that Los Angeles has to offer! Mid-City Santa Monica The Gateway Hotel is located less than two miles from Santa Monica's beach side, The Santa Monica Pier and pedestrian friendly Third Street Promenade with an array of luxury shopping and dining all within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Best Western, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Gateway Hotel Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Santa Monica
- Santa Monica Best Western