The property is not in the heart of the hustle bustle but within walking distance in sensible shoes and an easy taxi trip to the downtown main street of Santa Monica which is very vibrant on weekend evenings. The IHOP next door doing room service was very convenient and fast for breakfast. The rooms were a fair size and the cleaning staff efficient. There is a small sun deck on top of the property which is quite pleasant and protected from the wind. Parking is provided which was an added bonus. The spaces were a bit tight but we were driving a large SUV but manageable. We got a special rate through an annual Water Polo tournament event and that made the rate very good for the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel in Santa Monica's Beach Cities burgeoning neighborhood located on historic Route 66 and easy accessibility to all that Los Angeles has to offer! Mid-City Santa Monica The Gateway Hotel is located less than two miles from Santa Monica's beach side, The Santa Monica Pier and pedestrian friendly Third Street Promenade with an array of luxury shopping and dining all within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Best Western, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Gateway Hotel Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Santa Monica
- Santa Monica Best Western