I've made a point not to go back to this hotel for my annual L.A. trip but if you want to stay in the Santa Monica area this place is still the most convenient to pick. Rate system is quite tricky : if you get online you'll see a stupidly expensive 159/179 USD per night,if you call them they can give you their "manager special " rate of 149USD,still a lot of money but beats the other pricier hotels in Santa Monica. Great comfy beds,unfcomfortably hot and dark rooms,terribly old carpeting in the hallways. Hotel is stucked in the early 00'ies,I hope they'll renovate soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel in Santa Monica's Beach Cities burgeoning neighborhood located on historic Route 66 and easy accessibility to all that Los Angeles has to offer! Mid-City Santa Monica The Gateway Hotel is located less than two miles from Santa Monica's beach side, The Santa Monica Pier and pedestrian friendly Third Street Promenade with an array of luxury Shopping and dining all within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Best Western + Iniative, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Plus Gateway Hotel Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Santa Monica
- Santa Monica Best Western