I feel liike $159 was a little high for a Best Western. But the Santa Monica is just an expensive area. The room was clean. The front desk staff were friendly. Parking and wi-fi were free. There is a safe in the room. I did have a concern with the back balcony. There is a sliding glass door at the back of the room. It is not an individual balcony, it wraps all the way around. It's a nice little area with lounge chairs and a table but anyone can walk through it. Unfortunately we had a room right by the elevators, vending machines and ice. It was so noisy and I had trouble sleeping. The bed was comfortable. Would have been a 5 except for the noise and back door. It is a 1.4 mile walk to the 3rd street promenade or the bus runs right by the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel in Santa Monica's Beach Cities burgeoning neighborhood located on historic Route 66 and easy accessibility to all that Los Angeles has to offer! Mid-City Santa Monica The Gateway Hotel is located less than two miles from Santa Monica's beach side, The Santa Monica Pier and pedestrian friendly Third Street Promenade with an array of luxury shopping and dining all within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Best Western, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Gateway Hotel Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Santa Monica
- Santa Monica Best Western