We came up from Irvine, CA (53 miles) to visit friends for one night. This hotel is very central to everything you need to see on the Westside of L.A. It is near Brentwood, Westwood, Santa Monica, 3rd Street Promenade and the beaches. We like to hike/walk and workout a lot so being 2 miles from all these places was very convenient. It was not necessary to drive. We just parked our car at the hotel (quite a tight underground fit!) and avoided the hassles and expense of driving. WiFi worked super. Fridge was super-cold. Beds were very comfortable. We especially liked that we could open our window and let in the cool marine/ocean air at night. Hotel staff was very friendly and eager to provide service and information. The gym needs a refurbishing of equipment as some machines (e.g. universal) are old and difficult to figure out how to operate. Be sure to eat at The Bistro at 2301 Santa Monica Blvd (3 blocks walk). Excellent food and ambience and they have live piano music 7 days per week. Overall, this hotel visit was a very good experience and location for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel in Santa Monica's Beach Cities burgeoning neighborhood located on historic Route 66 and easy accessibility to all that Los Angeles has to offer! Mid-City Santa Monica The Gateway Hotel is located less than two miles from Santa Monica's beach side, The Santa Monica Pier and pedestrian friendly Third Street Promenade with an array of luxury Shopping and dining all within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Odigeo so you can book your Best Western Plus Gateway Hotel Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Santa Monica
- Santa Monica Best Western