1,342 results
All reviewsfree parkingshuttle serviceclean hotelblue buscloser to the beachshort drivecomfortable bedscoffee makerconvenient locationstreet promenadenice stayvenice beachlos angelesfew blocksihopbwsurgery
Reviewed June 27, 2012

The location offers not anything special, you have to drive even for Santa Monica beach (there is a bus service of course). The rooms are spacious yet poorly decorated, bathrooms are old. I only used the corner restaurant for a burger once and it was of good value and quality. The good thjing is the underground parking which offers safety to your car and it is free of charge. I am not sure if I would go again as he hotel is very basic.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Manos_LHR
Reviewed June 16, 2012

My room faced onto the road and the traffic noise kept me awake all night - despite the double glazed windows. The room was very stuffy, and so I had to keep the window open for air, which only added to the problem. Decor is dated - and the lobby and hallways are even worse. Bed fairly comfortable. No room service, no breakfast or dining room - only a pancake restaurant (HOP) next door - but you will get a coupon giving you a discount (wow!). Good Whole Foods within walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for one at back or away from the street.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank irishgypseyrover
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I had an excellent stay here, no problems whatsoever.
(Stayed in a King Room) Stayed for 5 nights

1. Rooms- Excellent sizing for a Best Western. The bed could quite possibly be the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. Plenty of linen including pillows & blankets(5 full sized pillows). Usually I am not a fan of the bathroom sink being in the actual hotel room, and acting as both the bathroom mirror & the kitchen area but this worked quite well for not using the hotel to drink coffee etc. (personal opinion, may not work for everyone) There was a really great coffee maker in the room, although I didn't use it, it was a nice touch. The room had a bed, a cupboard, a nice sized tv, a day bed plus a single seater couch with foot rest & a desk area.
The bathroom was quite small, and the shower curtain needs to be positioned correctly otherwise there will be a lot of water spillage.

2- Staff: Got to the hotel well before regular check in time, but our room was already ready which was a pleasant touch. The staff provided us with a map, a bus timetable, tour options and were very nice and attentive. They greeted you with a warm smile each time you exited and entered the building.

3- Location: This is the one downfall of the hotel. The location is very rubbish. There is nothing close, other than an iHop downstairs that is partnered with the hotel. There is a burger joint around the corner but other than that, you either need to rent a car or be confident with the public transport system. The hotel is positioned right near a hospital, and a bunch of car dealerships. The walk to Third St Promenade and the Pier is a good 18 blocks (20-30 minute walk) There is also nothing a long the way, no eateries, no shops. The bus is really easy to use though, the drop off and pick up stops are at the hotels doorstep, it is $1 to ride and takes you directly to the shopping district, the pier and all the way to venice. They run every 10 minutes on weekdays and every 15-20 on weekends. So don't chose this hotel if you want to be in walking distance of shopping, eateries and the beach because you will be sorely disappointed.

4- iHop: The hotel is right next to an iHop, for myself and partner we are two 18 year old girls and were not entirely comfortable being out in Santa Monica after dark, having to walk home or ride the bus so a lot of the nights we ended up just eating at the iHop for comfort. It is very convenient for Breakfast and if so, dinner. The food gets a bit tedious, the staff aren't that friendly but its cheap and easy. And they do let you order on the phone, and then pick it up to take it back to your room.

The hotel's wifi was great, you do have to log in with the code they provide you each time you want to use the internet, but its fast and reliable. We had no troubles with it whatsoever. There is also two computers located in the Lobby/Lounge area for printing and if you dont have a laptop or smart phone. The television channels were good, the inroom movies were a bit pricey.

Overall, I had a really pleasant stay. If I was in the Santa Monica area again, I probably would chose this hotel for a lengthy stay, because the transport is really easy to operate if you aren't renting a car, and it is a good price for a good hotel. The location really isnt that crash hot, but as long as you know that going in, you can make alternative travel arrangements in advance.
There also is a 7/11 and Coin Laundry just a few blocks down, as the hotel does not have a laundry service.

Room Tip: King room, very spacious, bed is HUGE.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank RoseyPosey93
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We'd booked this hotel as a slightly downmarket wind down after a business trip and didn't have that high expectations, but I have to say it was perfect: quiet, free wifi (unlike the business hotels!), very knowledgeable staff eager to help and even a discount on the attached IHOP (International House of Pancakes, although the only international element seemed to be the staff as the menu was the usual American comfort food).

It also represented excellent value for money - perhaps because it's 20 blocks from the ocean, which take 30-40 minutes to walk with lots of pauses for traffic lights. That said, there's a public bus every ten minutes for only a dollar and a complimentary bus provided by the hotel on the hour (although they suggest a dollar tip, so I'd go for the public bus). The room had a large fridge and almost as large TV with pay on demand films (many at just $5).

This is a great mid-range, mid-location hotel, although it doesn't have a swimming pool it does have a sun terrace. Only downside perhaps is there's not a lot of restaurant choice other than the IHOP and the excellent Bistro of Santa Monica (well worth a visit), but there's oddles of places downtown. There's parking if you have a car too.

Room Tip: All much the same, although you may want to avoid the sun terrace if you don't want people outside your room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bignickandlittleted
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend. Hotel was clean and very nice for the price. The toiletries were great. They had both shampoo and conditioner. In addition to the different soaps and lotion they had q tips, a shower cap, and a shoe polishing cloth. I appreciate this as so many hotel these days provide one soap and a shampoo/conditioner combo.

The beds were very comfortable. The pillows were not soft enough for me, I am glad I brought my own. They are the new style that don't have much give to them.

There is a I-Hop restaurant downstairs which was perfect for us.

I was concerned the hotel would be noisy when I saw it is across from the hospital but it was very quiet.

Free wi-fi is provided, but I had to keep logging in with the password to use it. That was kind of a pain but not the end of the world.

It was easy to find and the parking was easy to navigate.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family