1,342 results
All reviewsfree parkingshuttle serviceclean hotelblue buscloser to the beachshort drivecomfortable bedscoffee makerconvenient locationstreet promenadenice stayvenice beachlos angelesfew blocksihopbwsurgery
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend. Hotel was clean and very nice for the price. The toiletries were great. They had both shampoo and conditioner. In addition to the different soaps and lotion they had q tips, a shower cap, and a shoe polishing cloth. I appreciate this as so many hotel these days provide one soap and a shampoo/conditioner combo.

The beds were very comfortable. The pillows were not soft enough for me, I am glad I brought my own. They are the new style that don't have much give to them.

There is a I-Hop restaurant downstairs which was perfect for us.

I was concerned the hotel would be noisy when I saw it is across from the hospital but it was very quiet.

Free wi-fi is provided, but I had to keep logging in with the password to use it. That was kind of a pain but not the end of the world.

It was easy to find and the parking was easy to navigate.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Journey809300
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Spent one night here on trip from San Francisco to San Diego. Hotel is clean and modern - the bathroom being unexpectedly luxurious. There is a sun deck on the roof which provides good views of the City. There is no restaurant or bar on site although there is a basic diner next door. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to downtown which is about 16 blocks away although it is walkable in about 20 mins and felt completely safe to wander adjoining neighbourhoods.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This hotel was just average in terms of ammenities. My issue is that they did not dislose the final price to me - taxes included. I did ask what the total charge would be as I was booking a non-refundable, advance purchase rate. The email confirmation I received matched what I was told on the phone. Not until I checked-in, through conversation, did I find out an additional amount was billed to me because of taxes. I've never heard of a hotel not telling you the total price - especially a non-refundable one. I find this deceptive and I am very disappointed with Best Western Reservations for this.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed here for two nights before embarking on a two week trip along the Pacific Coast highway. The hotel is functional, the room we had was reasonably well equipped, but it was nothing more than a place to rest our weary heads at night. The fixtures and fittings are rather tired looking and the hotel could do with a refurbishment. It's difficult to know why the hotel is situated where it is, twenty blocks (just over a mile), from downtown Santa Monica, a little further to the beaches, - it sits in a bit of an urban wasteland. Fine for a one or maybe two night stay after coming off a long haul plane into Los Angeles but not recommended, and probably not intended to be, for a vacation stay

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 52Asher
Reviewed May 17, 2012

This was the hotel we stayed at after arriving in LA after an 11 hour flight. We collapsed into bed once we arrived and we found the king size bed to be a great way to recover! The hotel was a bit isolated with the nearest tourist area being santa monica pier, at least 10mins away on bus. Overall the hotel was exactly what we needed for touring around LA for a couple of days. The hotel advertised a 20% off promotion with the IHOP restaurant next door, but on arrival we were told it did not apply for breakfast which was the only meal we would consider eating at the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012