“Dissappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Crepe
Ranked #4 of 36 Dessert in Santa Monica
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Chicago, Illinois
“Dissappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had a Prosciutto, Brie Cheese, Egg, Tomato, Basil savory crepe for a late breakfast. The flavor profile was really good. Unfortunately, the crepe itself was not tender at all. As a matter of fact, I had to use a butter knife to help cut through the crepe and even then I struggled. How can a place that calls itself Cafe Crepe not cook a quality tender crepe? Very dissappointing.

Also, I had a Mimosa during the same meal. The first glass was decent, but then I had another two thirds of champagne in the small bottle they left at the table for me, but no more orange juice with which to mix another mimosa. Again... very dissappointing. If it weren't for the flavor profile of the crepe, I would have rated this place as "Terrible". Either way, I wouldn't enter another Cafe Crepe again.

Visited February 2013

Perth, Australia
“Good service, disappointing crepes”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Visited for dinner in January. Table had a variety of crepes, sweet and savoury, and found all very disappointing (and we all abandoned them halfway through) - perhaps it is just an American style to have filling that can barely be detected, but they were all very pancakey and lacking taste and the texture of fillings. My kids are generally not very fussy but commented on the lack of taste and wondering if they had even put the filling in. Service was good, efficient and pleasant, but not outstanding.

Visited January 2013
Orlando
“Excellent food at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

if you start off with the understanding that everything in Southern California is expensive then you won't be disappointed at this restaurant. Located at a very convenient end of the Third Street Promenade, we enjoyed good food, good service and no wait time.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great Crepes and good service in a crowded cafe.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for a quick breakfast before heading to the airport. We got right in and their service was good. The place was a little dirty and the tables crammed together but overall it was a good experience. The savory crepes were delicious. My husband had an "average" omelette.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Coffee/Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had a lovely breakfast at Cafe Crepe on the 23rd January. We had substantially changed the menu offerings, ordered coffee to our liking, and then waited....
What we got was exactly as ordered, delicious, hot, and the coffee was perfect. Thanks to these guys, my faith in Santa Monica restaurants was restored (after a not so good experience the night before).
Freshly squeezed orange juice, and our meal was complete. Thanks to you all, we really did have the best breakfact since arriving in America a month prior. We will be back.....
Did I say that the service was fantastic?

• Visited January 2013