Channel Road Inn - A Four Sisters Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Palihouse Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
  • Room Service
Cal Mar Hotel Suites(Santa Monica)
  • Restaurant
American Motel(Santa Monica)
View Hotel
The Georgian Hotel(Santa Monica)
  • Beachfront
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
Hotel Carmel(Santa Monica)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bafternoon wine and cheesefreshly baked cookiescomplimentary winebreakfast was delicioushome away from homegarden roombed and breakfastcocktail hourother guestsbeach towelstea and coffeethe pacific coast highwayeach eveningevery morningbike ridebusy road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 12, 2006

My wife and I have just returned from 6 nights at the Channel Road Inn. We stayed in the economy room (room 13) which is around the back of the property.

This property is very different from the usual US hotels we have stayed in – its small and personal. The staff are extremely friendly and do everything they can to make you stay comfortable even our names were learnt very quickly.

Breakfast and afternoon treats (cheese, wine, cakes, cookies etc) are included in the price. The majority of items served are made and baked in an ‘open kitchen’ across the corridor from where food is served – we have taken away several of their recipes. There is nothing better than the smell of freshly baked or cooked food.

Breakfast and afternoon snacks are a good time to meet other guests and share experiences. In many instances the other guests were business travellers who regularly return for the service and high quality of accommodation.

The property is very clean and kept in a very good condition; it also has a history which has been carefully documented. Guests can borrow books and videos from a very varied collection.

We would recommend this hotel and will return if visiting the LA area.

• Stayed: May 2006
9  Thank Fat_bear
Reviewed April 4, 2006

This is my 7th or 8th visit to the Channel Road Inn and I have stayed in 6 different rooms. All are individually and uniquely decorated in assorted colors with antiques and linens. It's hard to pick a favorite room, but I think I liked this last "white room" the best. The duvet linens were so silky soft. and what I like most is that many have balconies where you can sit in the sun and read or nap. The windows open for fresh air and on one trip the smell of the jasmine hedge was intoxicating (in a good way). I think I mainly keep coming back for the home made chocolate chip cookies and the smell of them baking every day. Good thing they keep the shed stocked with old time beach cruisers for riding bikes into town. It was fun to educate my teenage daughter how to use the brakes on old time bikes where you push back on the pedals to make them stop. If I am traveling alone I feel very safe here. The breakfasts are tasty sometimes a little on the high sugar side and low in protein. Although the hard boiled eggs were a nice addition. My husband slipped and fell down the last part of the stairs and this is actually the second person that I have seen fall there. Maybe being an older home the stair treads are not as wide as current homes or maybe the carpet has worn slick with constant use. Use the hand rail! Our car has always been safe when parked overnight and the scenic beauty of driving down PCH to get to anything we want to do is one of the reasons we stay at this corner of Santa Monica. We were disappointed that the hot tub was not hot enough for tubbing when we got back one evening. The water was just tepid according to my husband. The last time we used it I remember it was tricky trying to get the water up to and maintained at a certain temperature. Plan ahead and ask the staff to have it ready for you at a certain temp and time. New controls and an automatic timed heater with a temperture setting would certainly make it more useful to guests. We would have liked to use it if it was warm enough. I will be back because the rooms are lovely, the location is great and my daughter attends college not too far away. But if the Channel Road Inn were ever interested in improving I just stayed at Casa Laguna in Laguna Beach for considerably less and they have taken Innkeeping to an unexpected new level. Although Channel Road Inn is great too!

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank takeme2vallarta
Reviewed April 3, 2006

The Channel Road Inn is in a wonderful location just off the Pacific Coast Highway in Santa Monica. Its a wonderful old shingled mansion with interesting balconies and great rooms. Excellent service and friendly staff. Try to get room 12...great view of the Pacific. No reason to stay in a hotel...this Inn has them all beat!

2  Thank Hoster