“Cozy comfort”

Channel Road Inn - A Four Sisters Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Santa Monica B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 24, 2009

My husband and I decided to take a last-minute getaway. Having stayed at one of their sister properties, we decided to try Channel Road. Overall, we weren't disappointed. Upon arrival the door is answered by an inn worker who promptly checked us into our room. (headsup, checkin is in the kitchen. a little strange)
All the ladies at the Inn (Nora, Heather and Nikki) were very nice and helpful in getting around, very warm and accommodating.

Our room was cute and cozy, but definitely showing a little wear especially in the bathroom where there were a few cracked tiles and missing grout along sink area. We did enjoy sitting out on the balcony and listening to the ocean and snuggling up in front of the fireplace to watch a movie. (Only VCR, no DVD player.)

Around 4-ish we decided to use the free bikes and head over to the bike trail along the beach. The Santa Monica pier is a short 2 mile ride away. The bike trail is a close block and a half away but you have to go through a smelly tunnel underground to the beach. Hold your breath. Unfortunately my husband and I were left with the last two working beach cruisers which were rusted and a bit questionnable but we took them anyway. Unfortunately halfway to the pier, the chain popped off my husband's bike so we had to chain up the bikes and walk the rest of the way to the pier. Nice thought to offer bikes but they could definitely use a little maintenance. After returning from dinner at the pier, we headed to the hot tub and boy was it hot. So hot that after a minute, you had to get out and cool off. The garden area by the hot tub was nice and private

The next morning we enjoyed a nice breakfast, better than your typical continental, in front of the fireplace and enjoyed the cozy ambiance of the room. We would definitely return again for a cozy and quick getaway.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 22, 2009

Our room was very comfortable and cozy. Good rate, too. Slept well; then, because the Inn is close to the beach, we began our day with a lazy stroll under the sun and along the sand, followed in the large living room by a yummy breakfast with a current L.A. Times alongside. Chocolate chip cookies, cokes, afternoon wine and snacks, Hershey's kisses -- they had it all. Easy access to the Pacific Coast Highway and I-10 made traveling to distant sites in L.A. very easy. Recommend the Channel Road Inn highly.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2008

What a great inn! located close to the beach in a nice, safe area. Great restaurants nearby. All of the ladies at the inn were kind, helpful with great suggestions for things to do, places to eat, etc. would stay again! We were in room 1, a cozy queen. were able to see other rooms and they were amazing with lots of room. breakfast was always filling and very yummy.

Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ajjarm
Reviewed November 24, 2008

I stayed with my wife at the Channel Road Inn the night before and the night of our wedding. I was amazed by the overall warmth of the facility. My wife and I arrived for late check-in to a smell of baked goods and it smelled great. The breakfast provided was truly amazing and delicious and the garden was beautiful. The location is very convenient and peaceful. I highly recommend a stay here if you have time.

Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed November 24, 2008

It was great. Super comfy and the cookies were delicious!

• Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed November 12, 2008

I have stayed at the Channel Road Inn several times and I am always so comfortable and welcomed from the moment I walk in the door. I have enjoyed business trips on my own, weekends with my husband and a family adventure with my two children.
All of the experiences have been special. The rooms are very cozy, the breakfast is truly delicious and the staff are warm and wonderful. I will look forward to coming back again.

Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed November 10, 2008

I found The Channel Road Inn while trying to find a charming inn near the Getty Museum and Getty Villa, without being in the bustle of Santa Monica. It proved to be a perfect escape as a cozy, well-appointed comfy spot tucked quietly in the hills off Pacific Coast Highway yet one block from the broad sandy beach. It has a wonderful management team that looked after every imaginable query from directions to restaurant recommendations...three great offerings are within a one block walk. They serve a complimentary delicious homemade buffet breakfast daily as well as afternoon tea. It was like being in a wonderful little inn somewhere in Europe where they really know how to treat their visitors graciously. I highly recommend it !
MDA Boston, MA.