My husband and I decided to take a last-minute getaway. Having stayed at one of their sister properties, we decided to try Channel Road. Overall, we weren't disappointed. Upon arrival the door is answered by an inn worker who promptly checked us into our room. (headsup, checkin is in the kitchen. a little strange)
All the ladies at the Inn (Nora, Heather and Nikki) were very nice and helpful in getting around, very warm and accommodating.
Our room was cute and cozy, but definitely showing a little wear especially in the bathroom where there were a few cracked tiles and missing grout along sink area. We did enjoy sitting out on the balcony and listening to the ocean and snuggling up in front of the fireplace to watch a movie. (Only VCR, no DVD player.)
Around 4-ish we decided to use the free bikes and head over to the bike trail along the beach. The Santa Monica pier is a short 2 mile ride away. The bike trail is a close block and a half away but you have to go through a smelly tunnel underground to the beach. Hold your breath. Unfortunately my husband and I were left with the last two working beach cruisers which were rusted and a bit questionnable but we took them anyway. Unfortunately halfway to the pier, the chain popped off my husband's bike so we had to chain up the bikes and walk the rest of the way to the pier. Nice thought to offer bikes but they could definitely use a little maintenance. After returning from dinner at the pier, we headed to the hot tub and boy was it hot. So hot that after a minute, you had to get out and cool off. The garden area by the hot tub was nice and private
The next morning we enjoyed a nice breakfast, better than your typical continental, in front of the fireplace and enjoyed the cozy ambiance of the room. We would definitely return again for a cozy and quick getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Channel Road Inn was recently ranked as top bed and breakfast in Los Angeles by Conde Nast Traveler Magazine as well as Travel and Leisure Magazine and is located in the seaside community of Santa Monica. With many rooms boasting fireplaces, jetted spa tubs and peeks of the ocean, this charming and finely crafted historic inn offers visitors to the Los Angeles area a relaxing haven by the sea. Guests enjoy the fabulous complimentary amenities including a bountiful breakfast and afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres.This Four Sisters Inn blends the modern luxuries and sophisticated services of a boutique hotel with the traditional amenities and architecture of a B & B. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Channel Road Inn - A Four Sisters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Channel Road Inn - a 4 Sisters Inn
- Channel Road Inn - a Four Sisters Hotel Santa Monica