Channel Road Inn - A Four Sisters Inn
$413
$399
  • Restaurant
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
$557
$269
$369
JW Marriott
  • Beachfront
Palihouse Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
$315
  • Room Service
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$413
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Casa del Mar(Santa Monica)
$658
$575
  • Pool
Shutters on the Beach(Santa Monica)
$645
$595
  • Pool
Sea Blue Hotel(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$229
  • Beachfront
All reviewsb bafternoon wine and cheesefreshly baked cookiescomplimentary winebreakfast was delicioushome away from homegarden roombed and breakfastcocktail hourother guestsbeach towelstea and coffeethe pacific coast highwayeach eveningevery morningbike ridebusy road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 8, 2014

After reading reviews on the Channel Road Inn, we decided to book a night. It was located very close to a venue we were attending, which made it very convenient. Parking at this B&B is extremely tight, and our midsize SUV barely fit into the space.

Upon arrival, we were met by the manager, Heather. Her demeanor was very unfriendly and curt. Not once during the check-in process did we see a smile cross her face! She escorted us to our room, which we found to be small, but comfortable. Nice decor, with very view amenities. No soap in the soap dish, but dispensers for bath gel, shampoo and conditioner in the shower. We were unable to sit out on our deck, due to the furniture being so dirty and littered with bird droppings. The bathroom towels were what my husband called, "Walmart Quality," and were very small in size. When we returned to our room at 11:30 p.m., we found that we had NO hot water for our showers or in the sink. I would have settled for warm, but it was cool to the touch! After a cold shower, at least the robes provided were a nice touch. Blow dryer did not work, and neither did one of the plugs in the bathroom. Upon waking in the morning, a spider was found at the bottom of the bed, under the sheets! So much for relaxing with a cup of coffee while lounging in bed! Breakfast was good, but the one entree offered was barely warm, even though we ate very early in the morning. The young woman serving breakfast was very warm and friendly, and sympathetic to our complaints regarding the issues with our room. She offered an immediate 10% discount off our bill, and said she would have the manger, Heather call us later in the day.
When Heather called, I explained all of the issues we experienced, and she was apologetic. She said that they had tested the hot water in our room, and did not find it to be a problem. Perhaps she should try it at 11:30 at night when you would really like it to be hot! She offered to refund the entire cost of our room, which we found to be a very nice gesture. We would not stay at this property again, bud did appreciate that the manger made every effort to rectify the situation.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dgilbreth70
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This review is long overdue. I have stayed at Channel Road Inn more than a dozen different times as a business traveler, often for multiple nights, and have slept in nearly every room. I'm no longer traveling to LA regularly, and my only regret is that I don't get to visit CRI regularly. Above and beyond the comfort and cleanliness of CRI (very comfortable, very clean - but not antiseptic), the thing that kept me coming back was the staff. They are terrific. It's like you're staying in their home and they want to be sure you enjoy the experience. They don't fawn over you; they just treat you the way a good friend would treat you if you were staying at her/his home. Though you can find a cheaper base rate in Santa Monica, it's not likely to be that much cheaper once you factor in parking (free at CRI), Internet connectivity fee (free at CRI), and breakfast (of course, always included at CRI). Breakfast has been delicious every morning of all my stays. The manager, Heather, is just brilliant; customer service seems to come very naturally for her, as she exceeds at it. I really don't want this place to develop a waiting list, but I owe it to them to share what wonderful travel experiences they have given me.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed here with my mother for four nights. We stayed in room 13, which couldn't have been a more perfect room for us. It was very comfortable and quiet at night. The B&B is perfectly located just steps away from the beach. The morning breakfast spread was very nice with plenty of fruits, bread, an egg dish, cereal, coffee, orange juice, and tea. The use of the bikes was a very nice amenity, we're always available, and they looked brand new! Parking was never an issue for us. Havinh a place to stay like the Channel Road Inn was the perfect addition to a great vacation. We hope to stay here again soon!!! Thank you so much for your hospitality!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit and we will be back. The inn is charming, the beds comfortable, the food plentiful and good. Only room comment is that our shower, in a tub, was steeply sloped and slippery. Efforts had been made with abrasive strips but some were peeling up and it could use more. We used the bikes which were in great condition. We will return.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I cannot rave about this place enough. You will be made to feel so welcome and all the staff cannot do enough for you. We were meant to stay here on our last two nights of our honeymoon but there was a double booking and we couldn't stay there for the first night. At this point some reviewers might mark down the hotel for this but it was the tour operators fault, not the hotel's. The manager could not do enough to help us find another quality hotel for the night and then upgraded us for the night which we did stay there. She also arranged for a bottle of fizz, home baked cookies and chocolates to be waiting for us when we arrived. The manager also tirelessly helped in getting us a refund for the stay from the tour operator over the next month, which she managed to do. Great location, close to good restaurants and the beach. I must stay there again if I ever visit LA once more. You do not get hospitality like this in the UK without paying thousands! Would recommend to anyone

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple