We thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay at the Channel Road Inn. We arrived mid-afternoon following a long drive from the Grand Canyon and received one of the friendliest welcomes we have ever received when checking into a hotel. The property itself is absolutely stunning and the large communal breakfast room and living room are wonderful. The staff at the inn go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need and are happy to discuss dining and activity options in the area. We were shown around so that we knew where to find everything we could possibly need- tea, coffee, soda, maps, area guides, pc & printer etc. They have an extensive DVD and book collection, bikes and beach towels, all of which can be borrowed by guests at no extra cost.
We stayed in room 13, a "cozy queen", with it's own entrance at the side of the property. The room was charming and very comfortable. The freshly baked cookies in the room when you check in are a really nice touch. The in room amenities were also great - a proper hair dryer (not one attached to the bathroom wall), robes, iron & ironing board, lovely toiletries, a tv, and even a small fireplace which I imagine would be lovely and cozy during the colder months.
Every evening complementary wine and nibbles are served in the dining room. Breakfast included a selection of freshly home made dishes and baked goods, cereals, fruits, toast, juice etc.
The inn is located just a couple of blocks from the beach and about 2 miles from Santa Monica pier. We enjoyed the walk along the beach to get to the downtown area and enjoyed staying in a quieter part of town. A taxi to the Third Street Promenade area cost around $10, including tip, and took less than 10 minutes so it was very easy to get to/from downtown restaurants, and the staff were happy to arrange taxi's for us.
The inn felt more like a home than an inn. If you are looking for ultra modern then this is probably not the place for you, however if you are looking for a lovely quaint inn with a homely feel and wonderful service then you will love the Channel Road Inn. If we are ever in Santa Monica again we wouldn't hesitate to book the Channel Road Inn and would definitely recommend to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Channel Road Inn was recently ranked as top bed and breakfast in Los Angeles by Conde Nast Traveler Magazine as well as Travel and Leisure Magazine and is located in the seaside community of Santa Monica. With many rooms boasting fireplaces, jetted spa tubs and peeks of the ocean, this charming and finely crafted historic inn offers visitors to the Los Angeles area a relaxing haven by the sea. Guests enjoy the fabulous complimentary amenities including a bountiful breakfast and afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres.This Four Sisters Inn blends the modern luxuries and sophisticated services of a boutique hotel with the traditional amenities and architecture of a B & B. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Channel Road Inn - A Four Sisters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Channel Road Inn - a Four Sisters Hotel Santa Monica
- Channel Road Inn - a 4 Sisters Inn