“Sober Hour”

Channel Road Inn - A Four Sisters Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Santa Monica B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Chanel Road Inn. The bedroom and lounges were very comfortable and the breakfasts were delicious, different each morning. My one criticism was the penny-pinching regarding the wine offered during the happy hour. One carafe does not go far when there are 20+ guests, and it was the devils own job getting a top up. They should either do it properly or not at all.
The rest of the service was excellent.

3  Thank walterWales

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Beautiful and friendly. The breakfast was amazing, as was the evening wine and snack. We had the room in the back - it was accessible from outside. It was decorated very nicely and the cookies for us when we got there were a nice touch. We enjoyed our entire stay and felt all of the staff was great. The location was perfect for us. The beach is a short walk away and everything we wanted to do was nearby as well. We will definitely stay here again the next time we are in the LA area. Thank you for making our stay so special!

1  Thank jacqueline876
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great location being walking distance from the beach and plenty of good restaurants nearby. You can walk to the pier and city centre which are both around 1.5 miles away but easily reached along the beach or via Ocean Avenue. The homemade breakfast at the hotel is delightful and the whole peaceful atmosphere is a great way to start the day. The hotel has bikes that you can use without extra charge and free tea and coffee are available at all times. Much better than staying at a big soulless hotel and I would definitely recommend a stay there.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was my first experience staying at a B&B and I did not know what to expect. I feel it would be difficult to have a bad experience considering the friendly, done to earth staff, who go out of there way to make one feel at home. I would not suggest this place for families with children, although there was a young couple spending 3 days here, with their 18 month old, and had no complaints.This charming, historic home is well decorated, clean and is about one mile from the well visited Santa Monica Pier. We road the complimentary bikes to the bike path, along the beach, which is one block from the Inn. I must agree with a previous post that the beds are outrageously comfortable and also would add that the bedding is luxurious! We are a social couple so we enjoyed sharing the breakfast room and living room with others. Each room has their own private bath. The homemade breakfast everyday was delicious and we looked forward to attending the wine and cheese hour they provided. I look forward to booking a stay at some of their other California locations in the future.

Room Tip: They let me pick a room(one of 3 that were open) when we arrived, It was difficult because I do not...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I'm currently staying at the Inn for a business trip. I'm actually in the smallest bedroom within the property (it's called the Cozy). It's small but has plenty of space for one person and two as well if you don't have much luggage. Also, the wifi is free and it has worked like a charm so far. The Inn is situated amongst residences but it's a very short walk from the beach and PCH; as such, it can be a bit noisy with the traffic nearby, so if you are a light sleeper I'd suggest booking a room on the northeast side of the property.

The place in general is charming with lots of character; this obviously comes with some things like oldish plumbing that you might not be used to in a more modern home, but it all works; you just have to be a bit flexible. It's decorated in a sort of beachy/rustic theme, which suits the area wonderfully. It's a very comfortable place.

Breakfast is very good; every morning so far, they have served a hot dish (usually egg-based) along with cereals, scones, fruit, juices, coffee, and tea. The real treat though is their happy hour, which features wine, cheese, fruit, vegetables, and home-baked cookies. Everything is fresh and tastes quite good.

The real stars here though are the staff - they are incredibly friendly and go out of their way to be helpful with suggestions and directions. I would definitely return on either vacation or busines - this is a great part of the area to be based as it's quite reasonable to downtown LA, LAX, the beach, and several other tourist attractions.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have stayed at Channel Road Inn quite a few times throughout the years. The inn continues to be a favorite. The staff, in particular, are wonderful. My only complaint is the Four Sisters group. Ever since they took over, it seems to me that they don't know how to run a property quite as well as Channel Road Inn did on it's own. It's not worth mentioning what experience I had with Four Sisters that makes me feel negatively towards them because I wouldn't want to detour people from staying at the Inn. However, it seems the Four Sisters could learn a thing or two from the way things used to be done before at the Channel Road. All in all though, a wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Love2Travel4Fun21
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This property is situated a bit outside of Santa Monica-about a $15 cab ride. The beach is within walking distance and restaurants are close. The walls are thin and it's not secluded. Not sure if it's the greatest place for families; it's an unusual combination of rooms and living space--very communal. Breakfasts are stellar and they make home made cookies every night. The beds are outrageously comfortable. We liked it but felt like we were sharing all aspects of our experience with everyone which can be a positive as well.

Room Tip: call ahead to to discuss the variables and options.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends