I'm not sure where to start with this review, but will say something nice to begin with - the staff were very pleasant, helpful and friendly; the bedroom was clean and comfortable but I had expected more and there were a few disappointments with this property.
1. Breakfast - Egg and cheese slice (hot) + 2 x cakes (very nice cakes but for breakfast?) + fruit platter + toast + OJ and coffee. This breakfast was not "bountiful" as described on their website - particularly not for my meat-eating companion and for the amount paid per night.
2. Sour food smell throughout the ground floor - the kitchen needs better ventilation or garbage bins need cleaned.
3. Bicycles were advertised and we used them - to get to downtown Santa Monica but were 'cruiser' type - no brakes or gears both bikes and helmets were in poor repair. Obviously not maintained, when we pointed this out we were told "we rely on the guests to tell us if there are problems'. Umm, I wonder how that would work legally if a guest did have an accident with the bikes.
4. The spa looks nice on the web site - but in fact is not restful as noise from the nearby busy road can be heard even into the evening.
I have stayed at Four Sisters properties in the past and this was why we'd choosen this location, my memory was that the chain was better, nicer than I found this one.
This location obviously has it's followers, we met them, but like other recent reviewers we found the property a bit tired and over-priced.
i'll end with something good - afternoon drinks and nibbles (good for a chat with other guests) and the driver's the property uses, both drivers were excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Channel Road Inn was recently ranked as top bed and breakfast in Los Angeles by Conde Nast Traveler Magazine as well as Travel and Leisure Magazine and is located in the seaside community of Santa Monica. With many rooms boasting fireplaces, jetted spa tubs and peeks of the ocean, this charming and finely crafted historic inn offers visitors to the Los Angeles area a relaxing haven by the sea. Guests enjoy the fabulous complimentary amenities including a bountiful breakfast and afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres.This Four Sisters Inn blends the modern luxuries and sophisticated services of a boutique hotel with the traditional amenities and architecture of a B & B. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Channel Road Inn - A Four Sisters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Channel Road Inn - a 4 Sisters Inn
- Channel Road Inn - a Four Sisters Hotel Santa Monica